LONDON, 18 SEPTEMBER 2019: Habito, the pioneering mortgage broker and lender, today launches its first suite of Company buy-to-let mortgages adding to its BTL offering just two months after it entered the lending space with a range of Individual BTL products.
● Industry-leading rates: highly competitive pricing makes Habito a top three lender in the Company BTL space
● Lightning speed time-to-offer: Habito continues its pledge to more than halve the industry’s standard time to offer
● First ever jargon-free mortgage T&Cs: Habito becomes first lender with mortgage T&Cs certified as “Clear & Simple” by Fairer Finance
Available exclusively through Habito’s brokerage, the rates and pricing are among the industry’s most competitive, placing Habito in the top three Company BTL mortgage providers, by price, speed to offer and certainty. Eligible landlords will be able to secure financing for their investment with a deposit of just 20%. An introductory cashback offer of £250 is available for a limited period.
Habito’s new range of mortgages will provide landlords with a range of financing options designed to optimise their property investments, while delivering speed and certainty throughout the mortgage application process. Products are available in fixed terms up to 10 years, with 2-year fixed rate prices starting at 2.59% for a 60% loan to value (LTV) product and a market leading 75% LTV price of 2.84%.
Since launching its own range of mortgages in August, Habito has been making good on its promise to more than halve the industry’s standard time to mortgage offer from 21 days. Using proprietary technology and fast-track underwriting, Habito now aims to deliver a 10-day Time To Offer service meaning that buy-to-let mortgage applicants can be better served than ever before.
Daniel Hegarty, Founder and CEO of Habito said: “In spite of uncertain political and economic times, financing a buy-to-let property through a limited company is proving to be a very appealing route for a growing number of landlords. Clearly competitive rates and value for money, operating costs and yields are the key drivers for property investments, but we’re seeing more and more demand for mortgage offers with speed, innovation and certainty – something we’re proud to be taking a lead on at Habito.”
Alongside the launch of its company BTL range, Habito will debut its new Mortgage Terms and Conditions which have been written in partnership with consumer group, Fairer Finance, to remove all jargon and meet the most rigorous readability measures. Habito’s mortgage Terms and Conditions become the first of their kind to be awarded Fairer Finance’s “Clear & Simple” mark and set a new standard for the industry.
Hegarty continues: “I’m beyond proud to be unveiling our brand new “Clear & Simple” mortgage T&Cs which speak to a personal ambition of mine to rid the mortgage world of jargon.
Our mission has always been to set people free from the hell of mortgages and our research has proven a correlation between mortgage jargon and people paying over the odds each month on their mortgage.
Jargon has a lot to answer for and we’re committed to rooting it out. We still have a long way to go but tackling the industry’s lengthiest, most complex and least customer-friendly document is a big step in the right direction.”
Habito’s range of Company BTL mortgages will be available exclusively via the Habito brokerage where all customers receive free, whole-of-market and independent advice. For more information about Habito’s vision, the full range of mortgages and how to apply, visit: https://www.habito.com/borrow-with-us
Habito’s mission is to release people from the hell of getting a mortgage and to transform the UK’s £1.3tn mortgage market by taking the stress, unnecessary paperwork and arduous and confusing process out of financing a home.
Since launching in April 2016, Habito has:
● Helped more than 250,000 people better understand their mortgage needs
● Completed £2.7 billion in mortgage submissions
● Built an award-winning service – Corporate Excellence Awards 2019 – Most Trusted Online Mortgage Broker, MoneyNet Awards – Best Online Mortgage Broker 2019 and The Great British Entrepreneur Awards – Top 20 Most Exciting Companies 2019
● Created a service customers love: 5* rating on Trustpilot, from more than 3,300 reviews
● Increased staff headcount to over 185 and continues to grow
● Raised £32.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in Venture Capital – Augmentum, Atomico, Mosaic Ventures and Ribbit Capital