“Breaking the mould…the first national high street Estate Agent to offer a zero commission service”
An award winning property business is turning heads on the high street with a sales service which charges zero commission. Martin & Co’s Sales Subscription Service means Sellers can choose only those elements of a traditional Estate Agency service they need, and pay by monthly subscription. If sellers simply want to list their property on Rightmove and other property portal websites then that is all they need to pay for. Martin & Co says it can cut sellers costs by up to 90%, compared to traditional commission based charging.
In these tough economic times, Martin & Co is championing the house seller who is motivated to achieve a sale says Ian Wilson, Managing Director. “We started selling houses in 1986 but have recently decided that Estate Agency would benefit from a refreshingly different approach. With our multiple award winning brand and thousands of clients on our books, many of them looking to buy residential investment properties, it places us in a prime position to tackle the sales arena in a novel way, head on.”
“For many, the idea of paying Estate Agent’s their full commission for a service they neither want nor need is very frustrating” added Wilson. All properties listed are advertised on Rightmove and the Martin & Co website site, which has over 260,000 visitors per month. Martin & Co has just fewer than 200 offices nationwide who will also promote the properties.
Wilson goes on to say, “By giving the public access to the best internet sites and still providing them with a local office and friendly experienced staff, we are giving them the best of both worlds – on-line advertising and old-fashioned customer service”.
One of the questions being asked is, ‘Why change the way that estate agents work?’ Martin & Co’s answer is that motivated sellers should be rewarded. Wilson says, “Why should sellers pay so much in commission just because agents are ineffective and sell only a fraction of the properties they list? Sellers are regularly being told by agents to reduce their price but it’s the Estate Agent who benefits most because they get their fee. With our approach if priced realistically and a quick sale is achieved, you can cancel your monthly subscription and won’t owe us a penny!”
The Martin & Co network has grown at 20% per annum compound for nine years in a rental market that has grown 7.5% per annum compound over the same period.
“By 2013, the majority of our offices will be offering a sales service. We already have a very successful lettings business and we want to repeat that success with Estate Agency”. Martin & Co operates a franchise and is actively seeking new franchisees including existing Estate Agents looking to re-brand and use the Martin & Co business system.
With over 1000 properties listed for sale since it’s the new service launched in July 2012, Martin & Co are already competing strongly in the sales market.
• Martin & Co has just fewer than 200 offices throughout the UK including shop front premises and online agents.
• Martin & Co is an aggressive brand builder with a strong focus on the lettings sector. A sales proposition has been introduced, providing landlords with a wider choice for property and buy-to-let investment solutions.
• Started in Yeovil in 1986 by Chairman Richard Martin the company was established as a franchise in 1995 and is a full member of the British Franchise Association.
• Websites: www.martinco.com www.propertyfranchise.co.uk
• 2012 – Best Large Letting Chain – Gold (ESTAS)
• 2011 – Franchise of the Year
• Best Large Letting Chain – Silver (ESTAS)
• 2010 – Best Large Letting Chain – Silver (ESTAS)
• 2009 – Best Large Letting Chain – Gold (ESTAS)
• 2008 – Franchise of the Year