Hamilton Fraser, the company that owns and operates well known agent brands including Property Redress Scheme, mydeposits and CMP, is launching a new service, HF Assist, which is a helpline and advice service for letting agents providing support with day to day lettings matters and also landlord and tenant law, business contracts, HR and employment law, templated documents, access to legal expenses cover and more. The service launched on Monday, 17 February.
The helpline provides expert guidance and information from call handlers who have both legal and lettings experience. The helpline will be available to agents in England and Wales, who can access it by phone, email, and live chat during business hours. Upgrading to a HF Assist Premium subscription provides a 24/7 legal helpline covering all types of legal issues related to a letting agent’s business plus other useful extras.
Why did Hamilton Fraser launch HF Assist?
The reason why Hamilton Fraser is launching HF Assist is to support letting agents who feel that there isn’t a dedicated helpline for providing agents with legal and industry guidance. The Property Redress Scheme (PRS) carried out a survey and found that 96 per cent of members responding wanted a helpline, but only 44 per cent said they have access to an existing helpline. HF Assist has been created to fill this void, providing letting agents with a single ‘go to’ source of reliable information and guidance.
How does it work?
HF Assist is a subscription service with two different levels.
- £10 per month (or £120 per year) (plus 20% VAT) per branch
- Includes access to helpline via phone, email, live chat and website
- Accessible within business hours
- £20 per month (or £240 per month) (plus 20% VAT) per branch
- Includes access to the helpline via telephone, email, live chat and website
- Access to 24/7 legal helpline – offers help with any legal, HR or tax related questions
- Counselling service
- Legal Expenses Insurance cover for further assistance with queries made to the 24/7 helpline
- Online resources – you can download Hamilton Fraser’s Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement and Letting Agent Terms of Business templates, and you can also access the HF resources library for more useful guides, documents, and links (this service will not be available immediately but upon launch, but will later be added)
- Discounted legal services provided by Landlord Action
- Discounted rates on other HF services
HF Assist Project Consultant, Mike Morgan, had this to say about the new service: “HF Assist is the answer to the conundrum of who to ask for help on those dilemmas that arise in a letting agent’s busy daily life. Whether it’s guidance, information or simply reassurance, we’re only a phone call, Live Chat or email away. It really is help without the politics”
In addition to main services, the platform will feature a regular ‘Day in the life of HF Assist’ Q&A segment, where certain questions from customers will be answered and shared for all users to see and benefit from the guidance. The platform will be available at www.hfassist.co.uk.