Tenants’ Details:

The Landlord Tenant Address Portal provides an easy to use website that allows landlords and managing agents, of properties in England & Wales, to provide water companies with details of those responsible for the payment of water and/or sewerage charges for their tenanted properties.

Landlords and managing agents should always inform the utilities and councils, ideally in writing, when tenancies start and end, so that bills can be apportioned and charged appropriately. In this way landlords are never charged for a tenant’s proportionate of use of utilities and or their council tax.

With the TAP website, instead of having to pick up the phone, or write to the water company, once a landlord or agent is registered, the forms on the web site provide the required information to the water company concerned and transaction receipt reference is issued.

- Advertisement -

Some local authorities are now providing forms on their own websites for landlords and agents to notify them of council tax tenant changes.

The TAP web site allows you to:

– Add new properties to your portfolio

– Tell TAP about changes to tenant details, including changes of tenancy

– Let TAP know when a property becomes empty

– Inform TAP if you sell or stop managing the property

The Welsh Government introduced regulations from 1st January 2015 making it mandatory for landlords to submit information to relevant water companies regarding responsibility for water service charges and the regulations refer to the availability of the portal to facilitate this.

Landlords and agents should be aware that they will be charged themselves if they fail to inform the water companies.

To start using Landlord TAP you should register from the home page of the website here

Landlord TAP has also produced a user guide to help landlords and agents through the process of registration and account activation accessed here


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here