Local Housing Allowance Seminars:
After the success of the first seminar and due to high demand from landlords, LandlordAction have added three more Local Housing Allowance seminar dates:
Learn how to make the system work for you: www.LandlordAction.co.uk/LHA.
In association with Settled Housing Solutions, LandlordAction have designed a comprehensive Local Housing Allowance Seminar for private landlords, professional lettings agents and temporary accommodation suppliers who are either already operating or considering entering into this important sub-market.
If you deal with tenants who receive Local Housing Allowances, this seminar will be essential for you in order to understand the techniques that will maximise your rental returns and avoid costly problems that are commonly associated with LHA tenants.
The programme for the full day seminars will include:
• How to successfully set up a LHA tenancy.
• The new Department of Work and Pensions/Communities and Local Government guidance on safeguard policies and direct payments to landlords.
• How LHA rates are calculated.
• Evidence required for housing benefit claims.
• Understanding Broad Rental Market Areas.
• How to avoid rent arrears.
• Local authority ‘Landlord Assisted Schemes’ – how do they work.
• How to get claims paid much quicker.
• Understanding the legislative protocol to manage housing benefit claims.
• Understanding the role of the Valuation Office Agency (VOA).
• How to deal with overpayments.
• How to increase rental profits by knowing the system.
• Utilising local floating tenancy support services
• Ongoing LHA monitoring and performance: how it can be improved.
Also general advice relating too:
• Effective tenant referencing.
• How to avoid bad tenants.
• Eviction procedures.
• Recovering rent arrears and debt recovery.
Price: £250 per delegate
Included: Four seminar-sessions; full information pack, containing comprehensive how-to guide for everything relating to LHA; speaker’s slides; 3 course lunch; networking sessions.
For more information, or to book a place, please visit our website: www.LandlordAction.co.uk/LHA