Flagship Property Conference & Awards returns for 3rd edition in March 2016: “Your Investment & the Law”
The UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership (UKLAP) is proud to announce that the third edition of their biennial “Your Investment & the Law Conference & Awards” will take place will take place on the evening of Friday 18 March 2016 in central London.
- “Your Investment & the Law” will celebrate the successes of the pioneering UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership (UKLAP),
- Expert speakers covering topical issues relating to the Private Rented Sector (PRS)
- Includes an Awards Ceremony to celebrate the success of UKLAP members
This prestigious event, in association with sponsors Bluefin insurance and The Landlord Investment Show, will be held to celebrate the successes of the scheme which supports and educates landlords and letting and managing agents and to acknowledge and reward excellence amongst its members.
The conference will bring together over 500 landlords, agents, housing professionals and VIP guests and will cover topical issues affecting the Private Rented Sector (PRS).
UKLAP Chairman, David Princep will open the conference with a brief overview of the UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership followed by David Smith, a Partner at Anthony Gold solicitors and a specialist in landlord & tenant law who will provide an update on “PRS legislative changes”. Gordon Fox, a Specialist Tax partner with one of the UK’s Leading Accountancy Practices, Francis Clark, will look at “Finance, Tax, Exit Strategy” and writer and leading property expert, Kate Faulkner, will discuss “Your Investment: Mortgage Market & Regulations”.
The conference & Award Ceremony will also see the launch of the brand new LLAS/UKLAP Networking member’s brand, an extension to the already established and successful Networking Events and the Biennial Conference & Award Ceremony brand. In addition, the conference will also see the re-launch of the Green Letting Award Scheme (GLAS) as the new Tenants’ Energy Efficiency Improvements Regulations comes into effect in 2016, followed by Domestic Energy Efficiency Regulations in 2018- which will make it unlawful to rent out a house or business premises which has less than an “E” energy efficiency rating, according to the Energy performance Certificate.
Awards to be presented on the evening include:
- Best Landlord Services (Local Authorities and Not for Profit Organisations)
- Best Services Provider (not Local Authorities)
- Best Letting Agent of the Year
- Best Landlord of the Year for Student Housing
- Best Small Landlord (1 to 20 properties)
- Best Portfolio Landlord (20 plus properties)
- Green Landlord of the Year
- Green Agent of the Year
- Overall Best Landlord of the Year
- Empowering Tenants Award
- Make A Difference Award
PRESS RELEASE QUOTES
“The Private Rented Sector is in a period of radical transformation with a plethora of changes in all areas from landlord-tenancy issues to property standards and finances. This conference is an opportunity to hear from the leading experts in all these fields on the changes and how they will affect the private rented sector generally. The conference also provides an excellent networking arena with colleagues from all areas within the PRS.” – David Princep, UKLAP Chairman
“The continuing success and growth of the UKLAP demonstrates that there is a huge demand for both the impartial and trustworthy information our members receive and to provide recognition of good landlords and agents. Chairing the UKLAP is both worthwhile and satisfying and I am delighted to be taking part in this year’s event and being able to acknowledge those members who have provided outstanding service to tenants and helped raise standards in the private rented sector.” – David Princep, UKLAP Chairman
“Bluefin is a passionate supporter of the UKLAP and its initiative to educate and improve standards in the private residential landlord industry. Our association with UKLAP enables us to raise awareness of crucial insurance considerations that affect both landlords and tenants alike and we are delighted to be involved in the UKLAP Conference & Awards.” – Steve Cresswell, Executive Director at Bluefin insurance, one of the Platinum sponsors of the event.
“The landlord investment show is proud to be a platinum sponsor of the UKLAP’s Your Investment & The Law conference and awards. We are very much looking forward to an informative and fun evening. Our involvement with UKLAP supports our mission to promote good practice and share knowledge with all involved in the private rented sector through our UK-wide programme of one day exhibitions which are dedicated to landlords, investors and property professionals.” – Tracey Hanbury, Exhibition Director, Landlord Investment Show, one of the Platinum sponsors of the event.
- The UKLAP conference and awards ceremony “Your Investment & The Law” will take place on Friday 18 March 2016 at The Grand Connaught Rooms, 61-65 Great Queen St, London WC2B 5DA from 18:00 – 01:00.
- Journalists are welcome to attend the event. For a media pass, please contact Genevieve Richards on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7974 2774.
- UKLAP, as well as LLAS, has been in operation since 2004 and continues to be by far the largest and most successful accreditation scheme in London and the UK, and has been very successful in building relationships between local government and the Private Rented Sector (PRS). The scheme has accredited over 16,000 landlords and over 1,300 letting and managing agents across London; with a further 7,000 plus landlords & agents outside of London.