Belvoir Lettings wins Lettings Franchise of the Year for third time
Belvoir Lettings scooped Gold at the Lettings Agency of the Year Awards, winning the title of Best Lettings Agency Franchise 2013 for a record third time. CEO Dorian Gonsalves was delighted to accept the Gold award from business entrepreneur Karren Brady, who hosted the awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times, sponsored by Zoopla.
The event was held at the opulent Lancaster London Hotel, and attended by the UK’s top lettings agents. Awards were judged by industry experts and chaired by The Property Ombudsman with the backing of ARLA.
Belvoir has consistently demonstrated success at these highly prestigious industry awards, and this is the third time in four years that the company has won Gold for Best Lettings Franchise.
“The Sunday Times and The Times are extremely high profile newspapers and we are ecstatic to win again. I am delighted to accept this award on behalf of the entire Belvoir network,” said Dorian.
“The Lettings Agency of the year awards is the only event solely focussed on lettings and is the longest running and most sought after award for lettings agents. The award for Best Lettings Franchise is one of the most competitive categories and winning gold for the third time is fantastic recognition of Belvoir’s ability to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients. This is what sets us apart from the competition and has enabled Belvoir to grow into a nationwide force to be reckoned with and reinforces our position as one of the UK’s most sought-after residential lettings agencies.”
“Belvoir currently has over 150 offices and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the entire Belvoir network for their hard work. This is already proving to be a very exciting year for the group, as Belvoir recently won the Gold award for the ‘Best Large Lettings Chain’ at the Estate & Letting Agent Awards (ESTAs) 2013. Belvoir was also the only agent to also win six regional awards across the UK at the ESTAs. We look forward to further success for the group in the second half of the year.”
On making the award to Belvoir the judging panel noted:
“The content of Belvoir’s submission was enough to convince the judges that it was a deserved winner of Best Lettings Agency Franchise, but an excellent telephone interview only served to seal the deal. Belvoir’s stock market flotation required lots of work and changes to ensure there was no negative impact for franchisees. The company gained real focus, addressed previous issues and pulled together a great proposition that should propel them forward in years to come.”
Although Belvoir admits that at times it was painful and expensive, it has achieved its AIM status and come out the other side a stronger business. The business assists franchisees to make acquisitions and also provides an excellent support network via conferences, newsletters and meetings. The ambition at Belvoir is palpable, with plans to become a 200-strong network of offices by 2016.”
Belvoir Lettings now have more than 150 offices nationwide. To find your nearest Belvoir office, visit their website at www.belvoirlettings.com
• Belvoir was founded in February 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard. Its Central Office is in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
• Mike was chairman of the bfa for three consecutive years and is currently Director of International Affairs. He also sits on the board of the Property Ombudsman.
• Belvoir is recognised as one of the largest specialist lettings agency franchises in the UK, with 140+ franchises nationwide and aims to have 200 franchises in the next three years.
• Belvoir was officially awarded the Best Lettings Agency Franchise – Gold Award at the 2012 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times. Belvoir also won the Silver Award in 2011 and Gold in 2010.
• Belvoir won Brand Builder of the Year at the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2011 and Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Franchise Marketing Association (FMA) Awards 2011.
• Belvoir is a founder member of the SAFEagent Kitemark scheme, which is fully supported by NALS. SAFEagent promotes client money protection (CMP) and provides consumers with a clear message on those agents they should do business with.
• Belvoir successfully listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on 21st February, 2012.