Don’t be a drip: these products provide a simple way for landlords to save money on their water and energy bills
Eco-brand GabiH2O have been campaigning to educate the UK’s primary school children about the benefits of water saving and water conservation. The go-getting company have already received two awards for their efforts just this year – one in the UK Water Efficiency awards run by the Environment Agency together with Waterwise and the other, a Green Apple Environment award.
Earlier this year, GabiH2O partnered with number one kids’ TV network, Nickelodeon UK to launch the UK’s first on-air animated character to teach children to be smarter about water.
Gabi the camel came to life as a 3D animated character on Nickelodeon in a 60-second educational advertorial, featuring Gabi interacting in a live action spot with real kids and providing top tips on water conservation, against an original rap. The network also created a fun, interactive and bespoke microsite, http://www.nick.co.uk/gabih20 to drive home the message to kids that saving water is vital.
GabiH2O have since had a fantastic response to the ‘rappin camel’ and are delighted that two of the UK’s leading water companies – United Utilities and Southern Water – have joined the GabiH2O and Nickelodeon campaign to lend their weight to getting the message out there to primary school kids across the UK.
But GabiH2O is not just an awareness building brand. Their experts have also developed a whole range of water-saving devices, for example, their ‘Bathroom Water and Energy Saving Kit’, which retails at £34.99. The average UK family water bill is in excess of £375 per annum and over 25% of the average UK family energy bill is spent heating hot water.
This kit can reduce the amount of heating and water we use and is designed to save consumers up to £283 per year off their annual utility bills on a typical 3-bedroom house. This is surely music to the ears of landlords up and down the UK. If they save water, they will save energy and, when this kit is installed and used as suggested, home energy bills will drop as they will be heating less water, thereby reducing their monthly bills.
This award winning box of five water saving devices is also created in conjunction with Waterwise, the UK’s leading authority on water efficiency. Each device is easy to fit and they don’t compromise on performance. The pack includes:
• a newly developed water and energy saving slimline showerhead – also compatible with electric showers
• two bathroom tap aerators
• a shower timer
• a cistern water saver
• a room thermometer
In addition to the bathroom kit, the company have also created a 9-piece Home Water and Energy Saving Kit, which includes:
• A water-saving showerhead that cuts usage by up to 50% with no loss in performance and saves up to £187 per year*
• Kitchen swivel tap fittings that cut usage up to 30% and save up to £21 per year*
• Bathroom tap fittings that cut usage up to 50% and save up to £12 per year*
• A cistern displacement bag that saves 1.2 litres of water every time you flush and saves up to £12 per year*
• A shower timer to encourage shorter showers and saves up to £8 per year*
• A room thermometer to help cut heating bills
• A folding water bottle
• A top trumps water-saving card game to educate the children
• An eco-friendly wristband so children can show they’re Gabi H2O water savers
For landlords, it’s a win-win situation. For more information on how to order GabiH2O products, go to: http://www.gabih2o.com
* Savings based on water usage of a family of four living in a 3 bedroom house and calculated using utility prices as of December 2012.