With all the changes that are going on in the Private Rented Sector, there has never been a greater need for reliable training for landlords and letting agents.
One of the best training events around is the annual Landlord Law Conference run by Tessa Shepperson. This focuses on legal training and all of the speakers are experts, mostly specialist housing barristers or solicitors.
This year Landlord Law is teaming up with Hamilton Fraser as their lead sponsors. Its a great fit as Hamilton Fraser provide so many essential services – insurance, deposits (MyDeposits), Property Redress, and eviction services (Landlord Action).
Hamilton Fraser will be there in force on the day with advisers and help for delegates. They will also be providing two of the speakers:
- Sean Hooker – the Ombudsman at the Property Redress Scheme who will be looking at dealing with complaints, and
· Suzy Hershman – the Head of Dispute Resolution at My Deposits who will be talking about deposits, zero deposits and adjudications.
Other talks at the Conference will include:
· The Year in Review from Solicitor (and RLA Director of Policy) David Smith
· Letting Agent Regulation from ARLA Propertymark CEO David Cox
· Getting Section 8 Notices Right from housing barrister Robert Brown
· Landlords obligations for repair and fitness for habitation from housing barrister Sam Madge Wyld, and
· Gas and Electricity in rented homes from housing barrister Peter Marcus
Hamilton Fraser CEO Eddie Hooker said “we are pleased to be working so closely to support the conference. The speakers are of a very high standard and will be able to offer insights to what is expected to be a very interesting year in the private rental sector”.
Tessa Shepperson said “we are thrilled to be working with industry giants Hamilton Fraser for our Conference, and are particularly pleased to welcome Sean and Suzy as speakers”
The Conference will be taking place on 17 May 2019 at Sprowston Manor Hotel just outside Norwich. The cost is £240 (inclusive of VAT) per person inclusive of refreshments and the Conference Handbook with all the speaker’s notes.
You can find out more and book your place here https://landlordlaw.lpages.co/landlord-law-conference-2019/