The London Homebuilding & Renovating and Home Improvement Show proudly sponsored by Anglian Home Improvements makes its national debut at Olympia with new feature highlights and experts
London, 26-28 September 2014
As the property market regains its confidence, the UK’s fastest growing home show is coming to London for the first time as a combined event designed for both self-builders and remodelers. The new London Homebuilding & Renovating and Home Improvement Show proudly sponsored by Anglian Home Improvements will take place from the 26-28 September at Olympia, London.
The exhibition will offer visitors the chance to benefit from an extensive range of products and recommendations from more exhibitors than ever before and tips and bespoke advice from an extended expert panel on how to successfully complete a project from start to finish.
Piers Taylor, award-winning RIBA architect and co-presenter of BBC2 series ‘The House that £100k Built’ will be making his first appearance on the London expert panel to inspire visitors with quality interior design and architecture recommendations to help homeowners make the most of their projects.
Charlie Luxton, sustainable architectural designer and presenter of More4’s ‘Building the Dream’, will be making his awaited comeback to the London event and will also appear alongside other homebuilding and home improvement professionals including Michael Holmes, editor-in-chief of the Homebuilding and Renovating Magazine.
Another new feature for this year’s event is the updated Interior Design and Decorating Clinic, brought to you by Dulux Design Service. Visitors will be provided with insightful ideas on how to decorate their homes through the use of appealing colour schemes, wall coverings and furnishings. Dulux consultants will be offering free one-on-one appointments to bring attendees one step closer to their aspirational house.
The Ask the Architects area will provide a space for dialogue between certified RIBA Architects and visitors curious about the design and construction process of their project. After a consultation with a member of the team, homeowners will leave with the assurance that their plans will be ready to be implemented by well-guided contractors.
For attendees undertaking major works, changes and additions to their property, a meeting with planning permission expert, Sally Tagg, is vital to ensure that they understand the complex application process. Sally will be waiting at the Planning Clinic for individual consultations with visitors to offer them professional advice.
Come prepared with your plans and ideas and benefit from the wide range of experts that can offer individual sessions at the Ask the Experts zone.
This year, the panel of property specialists includes:
– Michael Holmes (editor-in-chief of Homebuilding & Renovating Magazine)
– Jason Orme (editor of Homebuilding & Renovating magazine)
– Piers Taylor (award-winning RIBA architect and co-presenter of hit BBC2 series ‘The House that £100k Built’)
– Charlie Luxton (sustainable architectural designer and presenter of More4’s ‘Building the Dream’)
– Julia Kendell (Interiors and Decorating expert from DIY SOS and ITV1’s Daybreak)
– Matt James (designer and expert on ITV’s ‘Love Your Garden’)
– David Snell (Homebuilding & Renovating magazine’s self-build and plot finding expert); Douglas Kent (expert in the care and repair and repair of period properties)
– Tim Pullen (eco expert at Homebuilding & Renovating magazine)
– Bob Branscome (chartered surveyor and builder)
– Chris Reeves (Homebuilding & Renovating magazine’s Legal Expert and chartered builder and lawyer) and Jennifer Newton (Real Homes magazine financial, property and home improvement journalist).
Standard tickets are £12 in advance or £17 on the door (children under 16 go free). For further information visit www.homebuildingshow.co.uk/london or call the ticket hotline on 0871 231 0824.