Eddie Hooker, CEO of Hamilton Fraser and Paul Shamplina, Founder of Landlord Action.
Hamilton Fraser’s Property Podcast, ‘Landlords, lettings and deposits’ is back for its final episode of the year. Each episode offers landlords expert property advice on key industry topics.
Eddie Hooker, CEO of award winning Hamilton Fraser Total Landlord Insurance and Paul Shamplina, Founder of Landlord Action and Brand Ambassador at Hamilton Fraser, wrap up the year with a 2020 property round up.
After what has been an unprecedented year, Eddie and Paul reflect on the impact of COVID-19 and dive into a quick-fire round of questions exploring the highs, lows and everything in-between faced by the private rented sector (PRS) in 2020.
Despite initial concern over the strength of the property market to weather the current storm, Eddie and Paul discuss some of the most positive moments for the PRS this year, as well as the future of the sector, and how landlords can best prepare themselves for the year ahead. The development of PropTech, thawing of landlord/tenant relations and also the potential investment opportunities available to landlords in 2021 present a positive outlook for the new year.
To conclude the final podcast of the year, Eddie and Paul both answer their ‘wrap up’ question, ‘Who would your dream co-tenant be, and why?’ It sounds like they would both have a very merry festive season with their choices! Finally, Paul and Eddie wish all listeners a merry Christmas and a happy new year and look forward to welcoming everyone back in 2021 for more expert advice and special guests.
Don’t forget to listen out for brand new episodes of Hamilton Fraser’s Property Podcast in 2021 with new special industry guests every episode!
Missed the previous podcasts in the series? Don’t worry, you can catch up with industry news here!
Previous guests include:
• Daniel Lee, Mortgage Broker at Total Landlord Mortgages
• Steve Bowen, Mediator at the Property Redress Scheme and experienced landlord
• Jonathan Schuman, established portfolio landlord and Owner of Magnet Properties
• Ben Beadle, Chief Executive of the National Residential Landlords Association (NRLA)
• Matt Hooker and Nick Hamatsos, Co-Founders of Ome, a new breed of deposit replacement scheme
• Sean Hooker, Head of Redress at the Property Redress Scheme
• Kate Faulkner, market analyst, commentator and co-author of ‘The Landlord’s Friend’
• Tessa Shepperson, residential property lawyer and Managing Director of Landlord Law