Eddie Hooker, CEO of Hamilton Fraser, Paul Shamplina, Founder of Landlord Action. Special guest Steve Barnes, Associate Director at Hamilton Fraser Total Landlord Insurance
In each episode, Hamilton Fraser’s Property Podcast, ‘Landlords, lettings and deposits’ offers landlords expert property advice on key industry topics across the private rented sector.
In the latest episode, ‘Caught between and rock and a hardening insurance market’, Eddie Hooker, CEO of LandlordZONE’s insurance partner Hamilton Fraser Total Landlord Insurance and Paul Shamplina, Founder of Landlord Action and Chief Commercial Officer at Hamilton Fraser, are joined by landlord insurance expert Steve Barnes, Associate Director at Hamilton Fraser Total Landlord Insurance.
Eddie, Paul and Steve discuss the causes of the current ‘hardening insurance market’, the impact this has on landlords and what landlords can do as a result. They further investigate the impact that COVID-19 has had on accelerating a hardening market, and whether it really is to blame.
Finally, Steve explains the importance of taking out a bespoke landlord insurance policy over a regular home insurance policy, why you should never cut corners when it comes to cover and how you can avoid the pitfalls of property underinsurance*. He also provides some practical advice for landlords on how they can help to reduce their premiums without having to compromise on cover or protection for their individual property needs.
This year’s closing question encourages guests to explore the future of the buy to let sector by asking, ‘What is unusual in the private rented sector now that will be commonplace by 2030?’ Listen to the latest podcast to find out Steve’s thoughts.
Don’t forget to listen out for brand new episodes of Hamilton Fraser’s Property Podcast with new special industry guests every episode!
*As mentioned in the podcast, you can find out more information on professional building insurance valuations through RebuildCostAssessment.com.
As a valued LandlordZONE reader you’re entitled to 20% off Hamilton Fraser Total Landlord Insurance’s policies, call the team today on 0800 63 43 880 quoting code LZ2021 or get a quote online in under 4 minutes.
Missed the previous podcasts in the series? Don’t worry, you can catch up with industry news here!
Previous guests include:
- Daniel Lee, Mortgage Broker at Total Landlord Mortgages
- Steve Bowen, Mediator at the Property Redress Scheme and experienced landlord
- Jonathan Schuman, established portfolio landlord and Owner of Magnet Properties
- Ben Beadle, Chief Executive of the National Residential Landlords Association (NRLA)
- Matt Hooker and Nick Hamatsos,Co-Founders of Ome, a new breed of Deposit Replacement scheme
- Sean Hooker, Head of Redress at the Property Redress Scheme
- Kate Faulkner,market analyst, commentator and co-author of ‘The Landlord’s Friend’
- Tessa Shepperson, residential property lawyer and Managing Director of Landlord Law