Landlords and agents will get some expert views on this week’s big story, namely the government’s renting reform White Paper, when Sean Hooker (main pic) will take questions during a dedicated and free webinar on Monday at 10am.
Hosted by lettings platform Goodlord it will feature both Hooker, who is Head of Redress at the Property Redress Scheme and Oli Sherlock.
He is Head of Insurance at Goodlord and both men will cover a raft of topics, now that crucial details have been provided on the upcoming reforms, which follow years of speculation.
Topics to discuss will include:
- The proposal to move all renters onto a single system of periodic tenancies;
- How the scrapping of Section 21 is likely to work in practice;
- New rules around pets and how they will be enforced;
- The launch of a tech-powered property portal for landlords;
- The creation of a new Private Renters’ Ombudsman to arbitrate disputes;
- New rules around when and why rent increases can be introduced.
“After a long wait, all of a sudden the industry has an avalanche of new detail and fresh proposals to contend with,” says Hooker
“It’s a lot to take in and this webinar will help agents start to make sense of this seminal document and begin the process of getting organised for the changes it will bring.”
Oli Sherlock (main pic), Director of Insurance at Goodlord, adds: This webinar will provide the first step in bringing some clarity to proceedings amongst the noise.”