The past 12 months are a period many landlord may want to erase from their buy-to-let memory banks.
An extraordinary litany of government legislation, property market shut-downs, property management restrictions, the cladding scandal, rental arrears, housing market disruption and tax changes have made it a roller-coaster ride.
Here LandlordZONE looks back at the changes and challenges that have taken place since Boris Johnson announced the first lockdown to astonished nation a year ago this week.
47. Government consults on higher court fees for landlords.
46. Unlimited fines for landlords who break HMO fire safety rules.
45. Eviction ban in Wales extended until end of June.
44. England extends evictions by two months until end of May.
43. Scotland bans bailiff evictions until end of September.
42. Rishi Sunak extends stamp duty holiday for property purchases until end of May.
41. Six month notice periods for tenants made compulsory in Wales.
40. MPs vote through law forcing landlords to allow broadband providers into their blocks
39. Another six-week eviction ban announced in England.
38. Government foots cladding bill for apartments in towers over 18 metres.
37. Official pilot scheme for evictions mediation service starts
36. Government launches ‘New Model Tenancy’ for landlords to use when tenants ask to live with pets.
35. ‘Breathing space’ scheme launched by government to shelter tenants from arrears action
34. No direct help for landlords during Covid in England, says minister
33. Eviction ban in England extended for six weeks
32. Leasehold reform plans revealed by government to make leasehold properties cheaper to run and buy.
31. Wales raises stamp duty for landlords by 1%
30. Scottish government opens rent arrears loan scheme for landlords
29. Mortgage lending to landlords tightens as Covid drags on.
28. FCA extends landlords mortgage holiday scheme
27. Government extends Green Homes Grant scheme after teething problems.
26. High Court bailiff evictions halted except for extreme rent arrears cases.
25. Property market allowed to be open during second lockdown.
24. MP Andrew Rosindell launches bill that will force landlords to take pets
23. Welsh rent arrears loan scheme for tenants opens for applications.
22. Northern Ireland extends evictions ban
21. MPs vote through new bill widening HMO power for local authorities.
20. Courts backs two key ‘No DSS’ discrimination cases.
19. England’s government gives landlords some leeway over extreme rent arrears as it publishes updated evictions ban rules.
18. English Minister announce evictions ban for ‘another six months’ after Wales and Northern Ireland ban extensions.
17. Wales brings in six-month long eviction notice period for landlords.
16. Green Homes Grant scheme announced.
15. First ‘local lockdown’ in Leicester does not prevent homes moves.
14. Landmark gas safety eviction case is won by landlord
13. England announces two month extension to evictions ban.
12. Student campaign to ‘stop paying rent’ gathers pace as rent strikes spread
11. Property markets re-open in reset of UK.
10. Tenant fees ban legislation goes live
9. Mortgage holiday extended again, including for landlords.
8. Courts re-open for evictions hearings after two month shut-down.
7. New rules for viewings published by government
6. England re-opens property market.
5. Scot launch Covid loans for landlords.
3. Courts suspend all eviction hearings for three months
2. Government strongly advises that all home moves should stop unless already agreed contractually.
1. Landlords told to stop all viewings and inspections.