This has been a big year for legal changes, and more changes are coming. To help landlords and agents keep up to date, we have invited back specialist housing barrister Sam Madge-Wyld to run a Legal Update workshop on 20 October.
He will be covering:
- The Introduction of Right to Rent checks, and the further changes under the Immigration Act 2015
- The changes under the Deregulation Act 2015
- The new rules coming in under the Housing & Planning Act 2016 including banning orders, the rogue landlord database, and rent repayment orders
- High Court Enforcement
- A caselaw update including the case of Kumarsamy v Edwards and the County Court tenancy deposit cases, and
- Any other new cases and legal issues which may arise before the workshop date
Sam will also be considering the effect of Brexit on the private rented sector (insofar as we can tell at this early stage)
The Legal Update workshop will take place at Homerton College in Cambridge – Homerton College is just outside Cambridge and has free onsite parking. The cost of the workshop is £198 (including VAT) and the price will include refreshments, Sam’s detailed notes, free wi fi and 4 hours CPD.
The workshop will start at 10.30 am to allow time for delegates who are based at a distance to travel to Cambridge.
To find out more and book your place click here
[Note – to find out about our other 2016 workshops click here]