LandlordZONE

Apr, 2014

Monday

Default Adverse Possession- J. A. Pye Case

A preliminary news report in today's "Times" states that the law of Adverse Possession has been upheld, as has the Limitation Act 1980, in the overturning of a decision that it conflicted with supposed human rights. More information, I hope, once the proper Law Report is published.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ad.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link) or use Topic Expert page.

The full (confirmatory) Law Report appeared last week in 'The Times'. The ECHR Grand Court (some sort of appeal body) agreed, by a majority, that UK law on adverse possession complies with the loopy european benchmarks for civil liberty/ human rights protection.
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link) or use Topic Expert page.

Default adverse possesion

Next to the pub was a adjoining piece of land that was unregistered.
    I have Been using the land for about four years because the site was unoccupied here was no one to challenge me.
    It have never been registed before and caution was advised by land registry for first registration.
    I took instructions from local solicitor made adverse poss on the land which came back because i had to have uninterrupted use for 12 years for registration.
    Recently the new owners or a security guard or someone some one working on the next door site next removed all the panels from my fence leaving them in a pile and causeing some damage.I was worried that my scaffold was to be stollen with price of steel and have moved all this and other items into my property.
    Can i make a stance on this site?what legal notices can i display that can deter the removal of my fence?What legal squatters rights notice can i display to keep hold of the land.where on the internet can i find a copy? .I have got some paperwork to take out a court order against damage to my fence but unsure of the type of court order in order to stop them removing my fence.
    Lidle have purchased or taken a leease on the site nad have put in a planning application around the time my fence was taken down. No notice to quit was served on me.
    do they not have to prove ownership?
    Can i get the police involved?
    The section of land clearly had no ownership as far as the land registry was concerned. They made me a free application and search as to ownership on this.
    How and under what grounds can i keep hold of this land which is 18meter by 2meters and adjoins on to my land/ property.
    How can i stop them removing the panels when i am not there.
    i could put up a camera and notices on the fence . what should i write and should i leave a contact number?

ranjit1701: I suggest that you start a new thread for this.