1. Leases are probably not Tenancy Agreements (considered to be "consumer contracts" within these Regulations).
Originally Posted by animal
2. Section 166 of 2002 Act does not apply to service charge demands, only to ground rent.
3. BUT see s.158 of Act and Schedule 11. If the penalty is not specified in the lease- see para. 1(3) of Sch. 11- it is a variable administration charge and so restricted by paras. 2-5.
JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
2. Telephone advice: see
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link) or use Topic Expert page.