LandlordZONE

24

Jul, 2014

Thursday

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    138

    Question Is HIP required on private sale?

    Would I still have to have, a HIP, if I sell Privately or to Family?

    Many Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,336

    Default

    A HIP will only be required prior to a property being advertised for sale.

    You will still require a HIP if you sell the property privately ( if it is being advertised ) if however someone approaches you direct and asks to buy your property, then a HIP will not be required.

    A HIP is also not required for a tenanted property.


    Two HIP's are required for walking or running! For which you can be charged double.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    39,411

    Default

    This is not really a Rental Property query anyway- better on Conveyancing Forum.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    39,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colincbayley View Post
    A HIP will only be required prior to a property being advertised for sale.

    You will still require a HIP if you sell the property privately ( if it is being advertised ) if however someone approaches you direct and asks to buy your property, then a HIP will not be required.

    A HIP is also not required for a tenanted property.


    Two HIP's are required for walking or running! For which you can be charged double.
    You also need two feet- any more and it becomes a yard.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    138

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
    This is not really a Rental Property query anyway- better on Conveyancing Forum.
    No anyone post's on there anyway, apart from you...so what the point?

    But don't get me wrong Jeffrey, you're ace!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    39,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    No anyone post's on there anyway, apart from you...so what the point?

    But don't get me wrong Jeffrey, you're ace!!!
    Reason: because it's about Conveyancing.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    sorry to continue this thread on here but why is a HIP not required for tenanted property??

    thanks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy35 View Post
    sorry to continue this thread on here but why is a HIP not required for tenanted property??

    thanks.
    Don't know the reason. But if you sell a property with a sitting tenant to another landlord then a HIP is not required.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    thanks for that. Something to tell my clients when they all decide to sell!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    39,411

    Default

    "No HIP if subject to an existing tenancy" rule is in s.160(1) of 2004 Act.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •