LandlordZONE

Apr, 2014

Thursday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Exclamation Ensuring you are not charging less than the others !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay04 View Post
    Hillingdon Homes are just the same.

I am convinced all the authorities get together to compare what they are charging and set their rates to suit.
    yes they most certainly do just do a google search on any local authority name along with some of these words in the keyword phrase

leaseholders, service charges, decent homes, major works, etc etc

mix and match the words and for good measure throw in the names of some officers you know to be involved in the leasehold department of your local council, get these from letterheads and other correspondences and literature the council sends you.

you won't be surprised to learn that if you read between the lines of the documents out there on the net. That your local council regards leaseholders as cash cows and holds them in contempt.

my assessment and opinion not that of the editors or owners of this forum

TOtally agree with Dombuz. Newham council charges me around 1300 for services they do not provide. the "video surveillance" they claim to have is not in operation and a lady with her children got recently attacked by someone how walked in as they were waiting for the lift and got her bag snatched ! also someone urinated on the lift (which has a camera) but.... nothing could be traced...
    the cleaning services are non existent... so i just wonder... what do all my money go to ?
    placed 2 complaints but they feel they don't need to reply or justify their costs.... appalling really.

Foundation trench for New Shed@ Ham on Rye

Then you use the complaint procedure, and escalate as required, take it to the ombudsman, and if required keep a record and use this and challenge at the LVT.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers. More ramblings atleaseholdpropertymanager.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
    Then you use the complaint procedure, and escalate as required, take it to the ombudsman, and if required keep a record and use this and challenge at the LVT.
    Agreed, ultimately you may have to be prepared to challange charges through LVT/Court which of course is a worrying prospect for many a fact Im sure many FH's are aware of.