Originally Posted by kim gramlick
1. Ensure that, on completion, V or V's solicitor hands over to you a Letter of Authority addressed to T and directing that all further rent be paid to you as new L.
2. Serve on T not only that Letter but also your statutory Notices under s.3 of LTA 1985 and s.48 of LTA 1987.
JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).