Served S21 which expires mid-February.
I contacted the tenants to ask if they have managed to find another property yet and they are now requesting to stay. I've said 'no'. I've also asked to do a maintenance inspection this week (which has been agreed).
The conversation ended with the tenant telling me - that 'we can talk about leaving in another 6 months time' this is after I've said no. The couple are Polish and sometimes there is a misunderstanding with communication.
Should I send them a letter stating that, "following our conversation on [date], my decision has not changed and that I still seek to gain possess of the property after [date]?"
If so, should I point out that if I have to make an application to the court, I will seek the costs from them?
This is the bit I don't like about being a landlord - I hate the thought of making someone go when they don't want to - but the wife has been incredibly problematic and the property is far too small for them. I also suspect they could be sharing the property with another couple.