LandlordZONE

Oct, 2014

Friday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Our council say you have to have a window. But if you have a room with no window ie a study or storage area, you don't know if the T is using it as a bedroom so it's out of your hands.

BTW the opening of the window has to be a certain percentage of the area of the floor space, I think, so perhaps somebody with building reg knowledge can expand on that.

Grade 2 listed buildings: I used to live in one and thought that the original features had to be preserved. After we moved out the next people knocked down about 6' of the chimney and didn't replace a lower sash window that had blown in during a gale.

I phoned somewhere, and I can't remember where but they deal with listed buildings (sorry), and they said that with a G2 you only don't have to knock it down!

If the property is listed its likely you need listed building consent. Your heritage officer in the planning dept of your local council can help you; maybe for a fee
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/search.php

Quote Originally Posted by Berlingogirl View Post
    Grade 2 listed buildings: I used to live in one and thought that the original features had to be preserved. After we moved out the next people knocked down about 6' of the chimney and didn't replace a lower sash window that had blown in during a gale.

I phoned somewhere, and I can't remember where but they deal with listed buildings (sorry), and they said that with a G2 you only don't have to knock it down!
    It's the LA Conservation Officer, and whoever said that is having a larf, or is perhaps on goose juice.

This to a Grade 2 Listed Rectory:

Mr Powell and Mr Tibbles pleaded guilty to charges relating to the unauthorised removal of several internal brick partitions, inserting new doorways and removal of a ground floor flight of stairs.; The alterations were significant involving the irreversible loss of historic fabric from the listed building that is of national importance and listed in the nation's interest.;
    Cost them 20k in fines and costs.

http://www.maldon.gov.uk/news/articl...ul_prosecution

And there's a league table here:
    http://www.charles-church.org.uk/ProsecutionTable1.pdf

Highest fine is 200k. That *was* for demolition, 1 day after a spot listing.

ML
    Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.