LandlordZONE

Nov, 2014

Saturday

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

After providing you with service charge accounts, you have the legal right to make a written request to inspect the receipts, documents, bills and bank statements etc and take photocopies for a small fee. Thats how leaseholders get evidence for going before the LVT. You can get all the contact addresses to consult with the other leaseholders.

Thanks Gordon. What can we gain by going to the LVT? Can I request the contact addresses for the other 10 leaseholders from the managing agents?

Leaseholders do not live at the property and so have different residential/contact addresses.

Regards

Beth

Foundation trench for New Shed@ Ham on Rye

If the expenses reported do not reflect work done or the costs and work not fair and reasonable, then the lvt will determine the amount due, and as posted this is binding on the current and new freeholder. Hmlr may have current addresses, or mortgagees who might pass on a letter,as may a tenant or agent given an envelope letter and stamp for them to address

Thanks for your helpful advice. Regards, Beth

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Dawson View Post
    Thanks Gordon. What can we gain by going to the LVT? Can I request the contact addresses for the other 10 leaseholders from the managing agents?

Leaseholders do not live at the property and so have different residential/contact addresses.

Regards

Beth
    If you ask for contact address , many MAs will suspect your intentions and refuse giving the reason as the "Data Protection Act". But if you are exercising your rights to inspect the service charge documents, you can pick up the information whilst you are there at the office for another purpose. I think ladies are generally good in multi-tasking , so just exercise your skills.

Thanks again for the advice.

Foundation trench for New Shed@ Ham on Rye

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon999 View Post
    If you ask for contact address , many MAs will suspect your intentions and refuse giving the reason as the "Data Protection Act". But if you are exercising your rights to inspect the service charge documents, you can pick up the information whilst you are there at the office for another purpose. I think ladies are generally good in multi-tasking , so just exercise your skills.
    And they would be right. Any personal information or identifiers in service charge records should be redacted when supplying this information.

It's use by you can also be treated as harassment and you can be party to a claim by the person.

Only use information that has been legally obtained or freely offered on request.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers. More ramblings atleaseholdpropertymanager.blogspot.com

Thank you.