Sometime ago T had section 8 made against. T moved out on last day allowed by judge according to others in the house (HMO). Apparently others in house have entered room (normally locked from outside)to see the state it has been left in.
T has left with a substantial amount of money owing 6k for rent and I do not want to have to wait for another 6weeks for CC bailiffs to attend if can be avoided. Other T's have told me that a family member moved his possessions out. Had previously offered deed of surrender at a reduced rate so T well aware of what is required but is ignorant.
T has been unable to communicate since it all went bad so didn't really expect for him to tell me when gone but thought he may be interested in going sooner rather than latter as judge gave in favour and at an increased rate per day as part of the judgement. In theory I could wait for the 6weeks and capitalise on the increased rate but more interested in getting some money coming in.
Will ask the questions on how I chase the money (T works) via a different thread.
Should I send a txt notifying my intentions of going into unlocked room or am I safe to enter and re let given implied surrender (left on last day after judgement and room left unlocked). There is an abandonment clause within contract.
I do appreciate that the only sure fire way is via CC bailiffs but would hope common sense prevails?
hopefully this has come out ok as on mobile device and formatting gone funny so apologies