LandlordZONE

Nov, 2014

Friday

Default leaving befor the lease is up?need advice please

Hi,I'm currently renting a property in belfast, NI. I moved in october 2012 + signed a shorthold assured tenacy agreement for 12months. At the time of signing the lease I had no intensions of leaving before the lease ended though I'm on the NIHE waiting list I have started receiving offers for propertys I never thought I would get offers this quick I'm only a few months into the lease + have had my second offer (I will only get 3 offers) which means another offer will be soon I imagine I am now panicking because I will have to take the last offer as this would be a house for life and a lot cheaper. What can happen to me if I leave the lease early?+ how can I leave the lease early? I am a good tenant + I never intended this to happen, advice needed please + thanks in advance.

You are better asking on a Forum that deals with Nortern Irish housing law, but a general rule is to speak to your landlord and see what he can do for you, as often if you are a good tenant, a landlord will not keep you to your legal obligations.
    Stalkers, please go over this comment with a fine tooth comb.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by moeb View Post
    Hi,I'm currently renting a property in belfast, NI. What can happen to me if I leave the lease early?+ how can I leave the lease early?
    The link below is for tenancies in Northern Ireland. It gives advice on ending a tenancy early.

http://renting.housingadviceni.org/p...ncy-early.html
    These comments assume you are in England/Wales, and that your last tenancy agreement was dated after 6th April 2007.