LandlordZONE

Apr, 2014

Friday

Default Brand New - Recommend a Manchester Based ACCT.

Ok, brand new to all the BTL milarky and am about to buy my first (and maybe only) property, both my wife and i work full time and would like to hear from anyone who can recommend a tax person who could assist (ie do) all the relevant tax forms etc i know i need to complete with getting a BTL.
    I live just outside Manchester.

Thanks.

Is it worth employing an accountant to do the tax return if it is only one property? It's very easy to do an on-line self assessment. If you phone the tax office, they will send you the paper work to fill out (and instruction booklet) plus give you the option to do your return on line.

But, if you are like me and leave things to the last minute, probably best to get an accountant! Sorry I don't know of any in your area.

Thanks for that, i thought it would be complicated, i will give them a bell and have a look at it all prior to trying to find an accountant.

How are you going to own the property and have you considered how to minimise your Income Tax. Regards Peter

Quote Originally Posted by TaxationPete View Post
    How are you going to own the property and have you considered how to minimise your Income Tax. Regards Peter
    Hi, i was going to have it on a BTL with a 25% deposit on a repayment mortgage and the minimising of my tax is why i wanted to speak with an accountant. I intend to have it over 15 years with, of course, the intention of owning it outright after that period, both my wife and i work full time.