LandlordZONE

Jul, 2014

Thursday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchase Prices

Default Purchase Prices

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum for this question?

I was just giving my son some lessons in property prices and was using both houseprices and Zoopla to show examples. I was showing him the values of houses but then I noticed that a property I purchased about 3 years ago was not listed. This was the same on both of the websites.

The house that was not showing was purchased via an estate agent but it was a repossession. Is there some rule that means auction prices are not disclosed?

All my other properties have recorded information, the only difference is they were not repossessions.

Just find it strange - anyone come across this before?

Nothing to do with the property being a repo, is it actually registered on your name !, if it is it could be a registration error

Forgot to add most common reason is registration not taken place yet check with your conveyancers.

I imagine it must be registered in my name because I remortgaged about 5 months back.

Yes, I have had noticed this too. I had a mad panic! I checked with Land Reg and I am the registered owner. I phoned my solicitor and she said that on sites like Mouseprice etc repos are not listed. But if I were you I'd spend £4 checking on land reg to put your mind at rest.

Me too. I have got two properties for which the purchases are not listed online. No complaint about this as I am happy enough for the info not to be in the public domain. For whatever reason the transfer of info from the land registry to the online database(s) seems to be less than 100% comprehensive. One of these properties was bought at auction, the other through an agent, from an owner-occupier.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlingogirl View Post
    Yes, I have had noticed this too. I had a mad panic! I checked with Land Reg and I am the registered owner. I phoned my solicitor and she said that on sites like Mouseprice etc repos are not listed. But if I were you I'd spend £4 checking on land reg to put your mind at rest.
    Thanks - I will double check.

Claymore, you are correct, many transactions do not get listed and this happens most of the time with reposessions, it can also happen with cash purchases or distressed lots.

It is whats called people fiddling the system(the government etc...) They want us to believe that house prices have only slightly declined so what they do is fiddle the figures. They can omit figures they see as unusual sales and I have seen this time and time again.

Many people such as valuers, estate agents, CML, Government, builders have a vested interest in property and do not want the figures to say that house prices have fallen by 30-40% so they do things like this and people walk around thinking that prices have remained steady.

I do not know what you all think but I am currently buying things that sold for £115k at £35k so I feel the market is doing more than remaining static, up North at least!

115K, now 35K! New builds by any chance?

Our government manipulate the media and press to create what they want us to think. It makes me so angry. At the moment they are quick to bad press the police - why - because they want to privatise it.

Have you heard the latest, new police constables will start on 19k (instead of 23K). The shift patterns they work are disgusting - no chance of any proper family life, leave is cancelled with either little or no notice and sometimes cancelled all together (riots etc).

The government always cook the books, the older and wiser I get, I detest this country and it's government. I am always saying I want to move abroad, I've had enough - but my other half says - it's the same the world over.

One of the first times I noticed the government cooking the books was years back when unemployment was almost 2 million. Later they reported a drop in the unemployed - they didn't point out the reason, no new jobs - just that they stopped school leavers of 16 joining the dole queue until they were 18. And they earn brownie points from the people who don't realise.

Sorry, rant over !

Also basic human error comes into it e.g. wrong postcode entered or difficult addresses entered in the wrong boxes e.g. where a house has a number and a name.