LandlordZONE

Aug, 2014

Thursday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Brb View Post
    I can only dream of a lottery win, I should stop playing it really.
    Have you heard that from September, the price of a lottery ticket is being raised to £2 each?

Now's the time to start weaning yourself off them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Mug View Post
    Have you heard that from September, the price of a lottery ticket is being raised to £2 each?

Now's the time to start weaning yourself off them.
    :O No I hadn't heard that!. Shall have to amend my weekly play to 1 line a week. I play via DD and am e-mailed if I win (which is not often and usually only £10).

I check my e-mail headers Sunday mornings before work and if I see "Exciting news about you lottery ticket" I leave it until I get home so that I can spend the day hoping LOL.

Something has to give us tenants hope because I doubt a Mr 'Rich but Lovely' Brb is in my future (still need to divorce Mr 'Wet Lettuce' Brb anywho).

North of 'up north' but south of the border

I used to know a lad who always bought two tickets, both with the same numbers. His theory was that most jackpot winners had to share their winnings with another lucky winner with the same numbers, so they shared half of the jackpot each. If he had two tickets, he'd get two thirds of the jackpot instead. He insisted that the chances of winning were so slim already that the extra expense would, one day, be worth it.
    I may be a housing professional but my views, thoughts, opinions, advice, criticisms or otherwise on this board are mine and are not representative of my company, colleagues, managers. I am here as an independent human being who simply wants to learn new stuff, share ideas and interact with like minded people.

I expect you all heard the one about the Jewish guy praying in the Synagogue:

He says, 'Please God, once again this week I didn't win the lottery. Can you please find it in your heart for me to win next week?'

A voice comes down from heaven saying, 'Meet me halfway! Buy a bl**dy ticket.'

Hope this doesn't break Landlordzone religious stereotyping rules, but I thought even Jeffrey might enjoy that one.