LandlordZONE

Aug, 2015

Saturday

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A shed with fully airconditioned toilet, Ham on Rye

Quote Originally Posted by jjlandlord View Post
    Ah yes but today there are road works or an accident, so M25 is jammed. And now you're trapped
    I had the misfortune of being behind the poor person who drove their car under a jack knifed truck on the M25. We were all trapped for hours on a sunny day with everyone giving up and sitting on the grass banks near Leatherhead.

It's rarely that pleasant though. But crawling along the A25 is another kind of Hell!

My broadband has been slowish lately, and running perfmon, I see that Garmin map updates are using an enormous amount of bandwidth.

I am minded to remove the Garmin program, and just reinstall it when I need it. Is this going to give me trouble when I do that?

You should have the option to stop it so that it doesn’t run as a background task, then you can run it as required from the start menu. That’s what I generally do, just run it when I connect the Sat-Nav to the laptop to update maps etc.
    I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

4. Thanks: 1

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

JK0

I love my old TT - I once took all the euro maps off it, bought USA ones, used it over there then moved all the euro ones back on! Although it is getting a bit tired now (6 years old) it still works very well. When I had a problem with it a few weeks ago (not picking up sats, running slow) I brought it in and gave it a bloomin' good overnight charge from the mains and voila, good as new!
    Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator2 View Post
    You should have the option to stop it so that it doesn’t run as a background task, then you can run it as required from the start menu. That’s what I generally do, just run it when I connect the Sat-Nav to the laptop to update maps etc.
    Thanks. I just tried to do that, but there was no option to pick. I have deleted all Garmin files, and will live with the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by JK0 View Post
    I just tried to do that, but there was no option to pick.
    Sounds very odd. What program is this? I have Garmin Express, which gives me the following (from the 'gear' icon on the toolbar):

Capture.JPG

And/also/or, have you tried looking in the "Startup" folder in your Program list?

8. Thanks: 1

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

JK0