LandlordZONE

Aug, 2014

Thursday

Thread: N325 Form

Default N325 Form

hi everyone,
    can anyone give me advice on the bailiffs form N325 i will be due to fill one out next month and thought it would be simple but it asks you for warrant details then (A)balance due at date of this request.
    (B) amount of which warrant to issue, then it says issue fee land registry fee. i thought it was just £110 then that was it can anyone point me in the right direction please.

If the warrant is just for possession then ignore all the 'money' questions and leave them blank. The court office will tell you the issue fee (it was £110 last month). There is also a risk assessment form to complete for the baliff

hi grouse,
    thank you for your reply its very much appreciated. yes it is only for possession and not money. why do i have to fill in a risk assessment form? ive never done this before so im sorry for the questions.

Did you ask for court costs at the original hearing? if so did the tenant pay them? if not add them to the form, add on the bailiffs fee of £110

the risk assessment is the small tear off slip at the bottom of the form, it asks whether you think the bailiff will need the police present etc. You need to complete this appropriately - yes if the tenant is likely to be violent, no if not, and send it to the bailiffs office in plenty of time.
    My advice is not based on formal legal training but experience gained in 20+ years in the letting industry.

Quote Originally Posted by jan2 View Post
    hi everyone,
    can anyone give me advice on the bailiffs form N325 i will be due to fill one out next month and thought it would be simple but it asks you for warrant details then (A)balance due at date of this request.
    (B) amount of which warrant to issue, then it says issue fee land registry fee. i thought it was just £110 then that was it can anyone point me in the right direction please.
    Maybe too late for you now, I only spotted this whilst looking for information on something else. However, my advice may be helpful to others.

When I did this recently, I filled in as much of the form as was obvious then called the court and asked for advice. They were happy to give it to me as it only took a few minutes. However, don't expect them to sit on the phone whilst you fill the whole form in.