LandlordZONE

25

Oct, 2014

Saturday

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Default Rogue Gas Bill? .. who is responsible??

    Hello all!

    I have a question about a rogue gas bill my nephew has received!

    Basically he was a tenant at an upstairs flat (one of two) above an empty shop for six months. Everything went well at the end of the agreement , there were some repairs and cleaning that was done by my sister and brother-in-law , but this was all done to everyone's satisfaction.
    The flat was electric only fed by a coin-type meter.

    Since then however, he has been receiving Gas bills, even though there was no Gas meter in this flat , and although my sister has been in contact with the letting agent several times , nothing seems to have been resolved.

    This unpaid bill has now risen to over £800 and has been passed to one of the usual debt collection agencies!!

    My question is what can he do about this rogue bill? I believe it should be the letting agent who should be doing more here!

    Any thoughts folks? .. many thanks for any replies!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    24,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikeyp View Post
    Hello all!

    I have a question about a rogue gas bill my nephew has received!

    Basically he was a tenant at an upstairs flat (one of two) above an empty shop for six months. Everything went well at the end of the agreement , there were some repairs and cleaning that was done by my sister and brother-in-law , but this was all done to everyone's satisfaction.
    The flat was electric only fed by a coin-type meter.

    Since then however, he has been receiving Gas bills, even though there was no Gas meter in this flat , and although my sister has been in contact with the letting agent several times , nothing seems to have been resolved.

    This unpaid bill has now risen to over £800 and has been passed to one of the usual debt collection agencies!!

    My question is what can he do about this rogue bill? I believe it should be the letting agent who should be doing more here!

    Any thoughts folks? .. many thanks for any replies!
    Does the bill relate to an account in your nephew's name?

    If so, although it's a pain, he needs to be proactive or it could damage his credit rating. He needs to contact the energy provider directly and tell them

    (i) there is no gas in the flat
    (ii) he never signed anything to agree to be supplied with gas by them or anyone else
    (iii) please could they cancel the account and send him a letter confirming he owes them nothing
    (iv) or they will be hearing from his solicitors.

    There is no point involving the letting agent - they will neither know nor care what is going on with the energy bills.
    How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive? Homer Simpson

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    You say there was no Gas meter, but were there any apparatus that used gas? ie a gas fired boiler? What did his tenancy agreement say about gas?
    The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the salient facts BSc (Hons)

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mind the gap View Post
    Does the bill relate to an account in your nephew's name?

    There is no point involving the letting agent - they will neither know nor care what is going on with the energy bills.
    No, he's never had a gas bill before in his life! This was the first time he'd actually left the family home!

    As for the letting agent , I've always thought it was their responsibility to notify all service providers of any changes re. tenancy. I may well be wrong about that though.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrJohnnyB View Post
    You say there was no Gas meter, but were there any apparatus that used gas? ie a gas fired boiler? What did his tenancy agreement say about gas?
    No gas fired boiler and no radiators , it was all electric including heating.

    I don't know about the actual tenancy agreement , but I shall check with my sister as soon as I can!

    Thanks for the replies guys! Much appreciated!

Similar Threads

  1. Large water bill due to leaking toilet - who is responsible?
    By Conflicted in forum Residential Letting Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26-01-2012, 14:50 PM
  2. Big bill caused by water leak - are the tenants or landlord responsible?
    By sazsoph in forum Residential Letting Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-02-2011, 11:15 AM
  3. unpaid electricity bill-whose responsible for paying it? the landlord?
    By theenergyman in forum Residential Letting Questions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27-11-2010, 13:38 PM
  4. Rogue tenants - rogue landlords
    By Lawcruncher in forum Take a Break - for the less serious!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23-03-2010, 16:44 PM
  5. Help - Being held responsible for tenant's utility bill
    By Walmington in forum Residential Letting Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 08:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •