LandlordZONE

Aug, 2014

Friday

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Foundation trench for New Shed@ Ham on Rye

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Wookie View Post
    How true. How can the punctuation police justify get so worked up about an informal part of the site.
    Oh don't mind it, it's just irritable poster syndrome, caused no doubt by a lack of fibre and noise- they should eat more Hovis ask the brass bands to stop playing LOL.

There is a difference between having a little fun with other's typos and "no fun duh mentalists". I am not sure if any site has been able to draw that line!

How true. How can the punctuation police justify get so worked up about an informal part of the site. We all have day jobs (well, most of us) and a quick off the cuff comment is exactly that. Hence my 24 hour self imposed ban yesterday when I upset someone earlier on this thread.
    On other posts, where accuracy is important, you can see the excellent work of the experienced.
    How can the Tone Police fail so miserably, more like!

It wasn't a police raid, just gentle poke in the ribs, which LHA took with very good grace.

His punctuation, expression and grammar are coming on brilliantly under my tutelage - please don't discourage him!

And I wasn't irritated or even irritable. I was just curious.
    How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive? Homer Simpson

Hence my 24 hour self imposed ban yesterday when I upset someone earlier on this thread.
    I hope you're not referring to me as the upset party..........t'would take a lot more than that to upset me.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

You'll never get me to get rid of my gramaphone...