LandlordZONE

Oct, 2014

Thursday

Foundation trench for New Shed@ Ham on Rye

Unhappy "Busted" or"Caught out" for the Traditionalists among us.

I am spending an evening preparing for the week's work and Mrs LHA is doing lesson prep ( pick up instrument, blow pluck or hit- how hard can it be?) when the phone rang.

Youngest LHA is staying at the flat with 2 girlfriends and having had a day out for the London Marathon, decided to order in.

As a "National Chain" had littered my hallway with a leaflet they called to take advantage of the offer.

Only to be told that they will not deliver to the address as the owner ( me ) is banned*.

And of course she has to tell Mum first, and I have had the evil look, the temperature dropped and even the cat deserted me. I am now sitting "thinking about about what I have done". There was even mention of lines.

Any suggestions from anyone of how they got out of a similar scrape ?

* Apparently they do not take kindly to being called lazy arses for insisting on not delivering inside the block if the night porter is on patrol as he/she tells them off for leaving the bikes at the door, and for returning food when, instead of round pizza, it's a clump of mush in the corner.

Eat real food instead.
    How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive? Homer Simpson

Why are you banned? Didn't pay? Abusive to delivery person?

I'm intrigued.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Is it like when gamblers make betting shops agree not to deal with them? Did you wish to lose weight and go round telling them never to deliver?
    Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Do you do the 'Man v Food' portions challenge?
    To know how rich you are, count the things you have which money can't buy.

Blame the "old owner".

Waiting for you to tell us what you have done

Quote Originally Posted by YesAdam View Post
    Blame the "old owner".

Waiting for you to tell us what you have done
    Firstly it was the fact that I was ordering Pizza in the first place while unsupervised at the flat.

Secondly the first post has small text with the detials.

I got cross because the chain changed it's franchise boundaries; the new local one seems not to understand home delivery, apparently in the courtyard on a running scooter qualifies, and they can't keep the pizza flat, resulting in freshly delivered "leftovers". Never a problem with the old local branch. Lazy arses.

Ah, I din't notice small print explanation.

maybe 'lazy arses' was not the right sentiment. Interesting that spellcheck does not like the word 'arses'.

Freedom at the point of zero............

So they basically blacklisted you because you complained?

If so, then you could have a chance to shine if you complain to the higher ups about the shoddy service from the new xx franchise, (and subsequent banning for complaint) compared to the old yy franchise who are fabulous and you've used them loads of times in the past.

There could be the possiblity of a free peace offering pizza for the kids and the satisfaction of showing them that Dad can 'deliver'.
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/search.php

Quote Originally Posted by Bel View Post
    So they basically blacklisted you because you complained?

If so, then you could have a chance to shine if you complain to the higher ups about the shoddy service from the new xx franchise, (and subsequent banning for complaint) compared to the old yy franchise who are fabulous and you've used them loads of times in the past.

There could be the possibility of a free peace offering pizza for the kids and the satisfaction of showing them that Dad can 'deliver'.
    Thanks Bel

I did complain a while back, even when the driver stated to his boss that there was nowhere to park when it is private courtyard and there is an space set aside for motorbike deliveries couriers etc. It is just that it is 25 feet away from the entry door ( the width of a road). It was resolved, but each time there is a new driver it crops up. Peace pizza were offered but I declined asking is instead that they just deliver.

It is an issue with this franchise, the old one had no issues whatsoever. As to Head Office they leave these issues to the franchisee to resolve and exercise "local discretion" on delivery policy. It is therefore ok to lie in their eyes.

There are plenty of other local companies who are only too keen to earn the money and serve the customer ( catering standards though I am not so sure), and another chain who frankly serve quite healthy Pizza offering low fat, less or no cheese as a standard option. I am happy with that as it's perfect marriage between my Shed and their Hut