LandlordZONE

Sep, 2014

Tuesday

Default The Right-To-Buy Scheme in Wales petition

I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet. Where as in England the has risen to £75,000 the Welsh government have no plans to remove the £16,000 cap in Wales.

If you support the removal of the cap please sign the petition - and if you feel strongly - like the Facebook page.

Sign the petition - https://www.assemblywales.org/epetit...htm?pet_id=708

Like the Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/RemovalOfThe...gionalPriceCap

Please please sign the petition, and pass it on. Thanks all!

I was at a lunch with the First Minister last week. In that meeting Carwen explained to the guests how difficult it is for Wales to stay competative with the rest of the UK when the countrys income is limited by Westminster. I am sure the Assembly would love to do loads more to help the people of Wales, but with limited income and an inability to borrow, the country faces the same dilema as your average LHA claimant - matching income to expenditure.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkerz View Post
    I was at a lunch with the First Minister last week. In that meeting Carwen explained to the guests how difficult it is for Wales to stay competative with the rest of the UK when the countrys income is limited by Westminster. I am sure the Assembly would love to do loads more to help the people of Wales, but with limited income and an inability to borrow, the country faces the same dilema as your average LHA claimant - matching income to expenditure.
    That's such a shame. Wales is in a very tricky situation but with an expected extra 50,000 homes needed in Cardiff over the next 5 years alone, we need more houses!

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkerz View Post
    and an inability to borrow,
    I should add that that is because Westminster won't let us, unlike Scotland. It isn't because Wonga turned us down!