LandlordZONE

Jul, 2014

Thursday

Default Advertising premises idea

I have a retail premises to let, in the interests of widening the buildings appeal to prospective tenants I've obtained planning permission for A5 (hot food). I now want to advertise the property.

I've put up a large 'To Let' illuminated banner on the shop sign, detailing the planning permission granted.

I've had a rather unpleasant experience of my local dedicated commercial agent and would rather avoid using them.

Can anyone suggest places I might advertise?

I have a website doing nothing at the moment, I was thinking of putting a couple of pages online with a selection of phrases that would be easily found by search engine. Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance!

JJ

Rightmove?

There are people who will advertise your property on Rightmove for a one-off fee and forward any Leeds they get?

Quote Originally Posted by vicksenforcement View Post
    Rightmove?

There are people who will advertise your property on Rightmove for a one-off fee and forward any Leeds they get?
    Sorry, they can't have Leeds! It belongs in Yorkshire.
    How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive? Homer Simpson

*******leads********

Rightmove only accept advertising for UK properties from their agents. Thanks for your suggestion though!

JJ....still looking!

There is agents that will advertise your property for you on rightmove.

I did it for an office we had, think it cost around £40.00 for the month, I will try and look for the invoice and get the company name and put it up.

Quote Originally Posted by vicksenforcement View Post
    There is agents that will advertise your property for you on rightmove.

I did it for an office we had, think it cost around £40.00 for the month, I will try and look for the invoice and get the company name and put it up.
    The problem with companies that advertise private landlords properties on Rightmove is that most of them do so by breaching Rightmoves T&Cs. When rightmove discover their first action may be to terminate the agencys agreement, which won't do much for that company. May I suggest you PM John J if you find the company name?

I will indeed,

Sorry I did not know it was against Rightmove T&C.

Just because you have had a bad experience with a local commercial agent dosent mean that they are all the same. I have used Commercial Agents twice. The last time was when I asked a well known "National" Agent for a valuation and was quite surprised at how high they put the figure. OK I had to part with money up front and they took a commission, but the premises appeared every week in Daltons Weekly. The place was eventually rented to someone in the same line of business who wanted larger premises. But had I tried marketing the place myself I would not have received so much interest or such a high price.