LandlordZONE

Dec, 2014

Sunday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Foundation trench for New Shed@ Ham on Rye

Smile I am not sure why we have a house

I am in the shed doing a few odds and sods, and Youngest LHA is sitting on the rug studying away as the A levels are looming, while Mrs LHA is on the sofa, legs tucked under as only girls seem to be able to do, and studying the inside of her eyelids while reading.( LOL).

Last time she did this and insisted that she never doses off, we changed the book she was reading and the drink from OJ to Ribena.

Meanwhile there is perfectly good house occupied by one Cat ( and, we think, a pregnant dormouse) going to waste.

But the reason for this story is that for yet another night we can see the new Moon Venus Jupiter and Mars wander across the sky and it is just awe inspiring.

What a vast and marvellous universe ( insert deity of choice) has created.

Perhaps we should be out there enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
    Meanwhile there is perfectly good house occupied by one Cat ( and, we think, a pregnant dormouse) going to waste.
    I would not put it that way LHA, humans (yourself and few others excepted) have generally messed up this world, I often look to the heavens and wish I was on one those distant planets, it can hardly be worse than this Earth, then I feel sorry for all the cats and dogs who have to put up with horrible humans here and decide to stay and help them, or at least share in their torment.

Quote Originally Posted by leaseholdanswers View Post

But the reason for this story is that for yet another night we can see the new Moon Venus Jupiter and Mars wander across the sky and it is just awe inspiring.
    Those bright lights have inspired me also. I downloaded Stellarium the other day so I can finally discover the names of the constellations. I never got on with charts in books.
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/search.php

Quote Originally Posted by Losos View Post
    I would not put it that way LHA, humans (yourself and few others excepted) have generally messed up this world, I often look to the heavens and wish I was on one those distant planets, it can hardly be worse than this Earth, then I feel sorry for all the cats and dogs who have to put up with horrible humans here and decide to stay and help them, or at least share in their torment.
    There are horrible dogs, too, you know.

(Westies, mainly).
    How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive? Homer Simpson

Foundation trench for New Shed@ Ham on Rye

Quote Originally Posted by mind the gap View Post
    There are horrible dogs, too, you know.

(Westies, mainly).
    My goodness it must be the planetary alignment, as for once I entirely agree with you, in this case about Westies. My sister in law has two and they are just evil floor mops with legs.

My younger brother tried to get them considered for "it's me or the dog" (not sure where he got the idea.....). Our older brother ( her husband) was not impressed !

I particularly dislike the way their dribble makes the long hair round their mouths all brown and gross-looking.

Apologies to anyone trying to eat their lunch.
    How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive? Homer Simpson

Regulars will know that I rarely comment in TAB except to express my contempt for Westies. Vile creatures, with vile Westie-loving owners.

Quote Originally Posted by westminster View Post
    Vile creatures, with vile Westie-loving owners.
    Well, I'd normally agree, except that my mother is one (an owner, not a Westie) and she's not vile as such (just deluded as to their usefulness/appeal/general loveliness - or lack of). Like many dog owners, she cannot seem to grasp that her little Frou-frou (name changed to preserve anonymity ) is loathsome - or at least hugely irritating - to virtually all who come near it.

Am I being unreasonable in insisting that when I take her (my mother) and dog over to stay with a relative about 50 miles away, that I drive them both in her own car (because I don't want mine smelling of dog), and that the dog travels in a cage, not trotting around on the back seat (which would annoy me and is probbaly dangerous anyway?)

MTG your box is full again I need to speak with you.

I have about 10 mins to send you a PM time now 10.08
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

North of 'up north' but south of the border

A few years ago I had a loveable big black Newfoundland (before the big brown one in my avatar). I was in the local park, he was on his lead, and we were both enjoying our walk.
    A little snarling, snapping, bad tempered Westie came rat running across an latched onto my Newfies neck. Fortunately newfies have a huge thick mane and he barely noticed this little white furball ripping away at his throat. In fact, he continued to plod on throguh the grass with this little demon latched on, with barely a glimpse.
    Hilariously, the old bat that was supposed to be its carer, wandered over to me wagging her walking stick and demanding that I control that 'brute of a dog' I was with.
    I felt like drop kicking the westie to the far side of the park, but could barely breath for laughing.
    I may be a housing professional but my views, thoughts, opinions, advice, criticisms or otherwise on this board are mine and are not representative of my company, colleagues, managers. I am here as an independent human being who simply wants to learn new stuff, share ideas and interact with like minded people.