LandlordZONE

Oct, 2014

Friday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Accelerated possession procedure-how long

How long does the this procedure take?
    Having served notice under section 21 I anticipate having to submit forms N5B to the court on 18th February

How long do they take to grant possession order and tell tenants to get out.

After that, assuming the worst, how long to get court bailiffs to evict the "tenants"

Any advice appreciated

Depends on the area, where I am, it takes about four weeks from submitting the N5B to the repossession date then another four weeks for the bailiffs' date. Its unlikely to be shorter than this and may be a fair bit longer.

Default thanks again

thanks for that
    I've pm'd by email address to you

First, take a piece of string...

i have the same problem:

section 21 issued correctly to tenants on the 16th october 2006 to expire on the 4th january 2007.

they are housing benefit tenants and I have spoken with my local council and they said they will not rehouse them as they are considered intentionally homeless. We must apply to the courts for possession.

court dates take ages in my area-can i apply to the courts now for a date in anticipation that my court date will be after the 4th january 2007. Or do I have to wait until it expires??

also i have read that you can be granted possession without a hearing-is this likely for my case?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowcuddles View Post
    i have the same problem:

section 21 issued correctly to tenants on the 16th october 2006 to expire on the 4th january 2007.

they are housing benefit tenants and I have spoken with my local council and they said they will not rehouse them as they are considered intentionally homeless. We must apply to the courts for possession.
    What reason have they given for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowcuddles View Post
    court dates take ages in my area-can i apply to the courts now for a date in anticipation that my court date will be after the 4th january 2007. Or do I have to wait until it expires??

also i have read that you can be granted possession without a hearing-is this likely for my case?

thanks in advance
    There is normally no hearing for an S21 notice, it should be automatic. You can't apply for bailiffs until the date given by the court has passed.

I have been served with a sec 21, and i put a defence in, so there is a court hearing. But from what i was told, it's upto the district judge if he/she thinks there's a case to defend/argue on the tenants side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by jinny View Post
    I have been served with a sec 21, and i put a defence in
    On what grounds?
    Last edited by Ericthelobster; 16-12-2006 at 08:46 AM. Reason: messed up

Quote Originally Posted by jinny View Post
    I have been served with a sec 21, and i put a defence in, so there is a court hearing. But from what i was told, it's upto the district judge if he/she thinks there's a case to defend/argue on the tenants side of things.
    I'm really confused about this. How can you "put a defence in", you haven't been charged with anything, just informed that the landlord will be seeking posession of the house.

Has the notice period expired, and he's now going to court to get you out? As I see it, if the paperwork has been completed correctly, the landlord has a right to his property back and the only argument you could have might be for a little bit of additional time to find an alternative place. However, seeing as you will have already HAD two months' notice, you'd only be likely to get a further 14 days or so.

The whole process is ridiculously long
    Have first issued my section 21 on Jul 20th I still dont have the property back

If what some people are saying - you then have to wait another 4 weeks for Bailiffs I think thats the final straw

As I havent been paid since August can I go in and remove my white goods and remove 'the boiler'! - a friend told me to remove the downstairs windows!!