LandlordZONE

Oct, 2014

Wednesday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Foundation trench for New Shed@ Ham on Rye

Default Service Charge Residential Management Code of Practice

This is normally bought from RICS booksellers but is also available free here.

Service Charge Residential Management Code - *LINK REMOVED AT REQUEST OF RICS*
    Last edited by Joe; 29-09-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers. More ramblings atleaseholdpropertymanager.blogspot.com

Ouch. I wish I hadn't paid £18 a month ago, it's a lot of money for 70 pages

It was only found recently, by accident.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers. More ramblings atleaseholdpropertymanager.blogspot.com

I found it too by accident a while back although I think on a difdferent site, I was recently reading a consultation paper on suggested changes to RICS and one of them was thet the code should be free and distributed more so as to give leaseholders a better standing.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
    Service Charge Residential Management Code *LINK REMOVED AT REQUEST OF RICS
    Or here, Actual RCIs 2nd edition, with covering page
    ( Looks professional on your desk, or at meetings )
    *LINK REMOVED AT REQUEST OF RICS*

with other info at *LINK REMOVED AT REQUEST OF RICS*

Don't have time at present to fill with good info, so if anyone has pdf
    copies of decent "need to know" info, send me a copy.

R.a.M.
    Last edited by Joe; 29-09-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Ram, an unofficial source of the document may breach copyright laws, are you sure that link is legitimate?
    I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator2 View Post
    Ram, an unofficial source of the document may breach copyright laws, are you sure that link is legitimate?
    If the RICS code on both sites, is word for word, from 1.1 to 21.6 plus items below,
    and identical, then that makes ALL links subject to copyright, and both links should be removed. ?

however, the first link is not updated, and is just what was agreed at the time.
    But the second link is updated, ( mine ) and should be seen as a definitive code
    of practice.

Many people will welcome sight ot the document, and it's up to them if they wish
    to see an updated copy or not. ( Best to see updated copies )

Thanks.

R.a.M.

I just think that legislation.gov.uk is more likely to be an authorised distributor than freespace.virgin.net
    I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator2 View Post
    I just think that legislation.gov.uk is more likely to be an authorised distributor than freespace.virgin.net
    legislation.gov.uk has not entered into a contract to distribute RICS material,
    as far as I know.
    Legislation.gov.uk are only publicising what happend, they are not a distributor
    for RICS, otherwise they would have a "Shop" for you to purchase the item.

if RICS wish to sue me, that is their right, but it was not me that scanned
    the document.

If you are worried about copyright, delete every post bar post number one,
    but bear in mind the legislation.gov.uk is showing edition 0, ( zero ) as that's
    all they are reporting on, the draft that was sent into them, modified as required.
    And a statement as such that it is not the latest edition, which is now number 2.

freespace.virgin.net is a holder of data for millions of people, they are not
    responsible for the content.

If RICS is worried, they may contact any website, and have any suspect material
    removed.
    As they have not contacted virgin.net ( the document is still there ) then they
    are not worried. If you find the document deleted in future, then one can assume
    it was copyright material. If it remains there indefinitely, make you own conclusions.

As organisations and people on here are requesting it be made freely available, so that
    it makes for better freeholders and landlords, then I sanction that.

Regards,

R.a.M.

Ram honestly just for once please avoid arguing a pointless argument?

The code of practice is created under statute and has a proper and legitimate home at legislation.gov.uk. which is free and open access to all.

© Crown copyright You may use and re-use the information featured on this website (not including logos) free of charge in any format or medium, under the terms of the Open Government Licence
    The RICS also publish it in their own binding which is, word for word, the same.

Your link to that copy is however a breach of copyright.

I have asked for this thread to be open and made into the first Sticky on Long leasehold, so that questions can be asked on the code, nothing else.

Please respect that or I will ask the Site to remove all comments and have the thread locked.

Don't ruin a good thing please...