Apr, 2015


Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Default Difference between section 8 and section 21?

    I posted on this forum the other day asking for advice with my tenant who is refusing to leave my property at the end of the contract until the Council re-home him!
    Long story short, I have downloaded and filled out the N5B form and this will be submitted to the courts the day the contract expires. However, upon reading a few posts on this site, I often see reference to a 'section 8' Can someone please tell me what this is and will it apply in my situation. A section 21 was served on the tenant.

    Many thanks


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009


    You should read Serving Section 8 and Serving Section 21 to gain better understanding of both types of notices.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008


    A section 8 is usually used for tenants with rent arrears of more than 2 months unpaid - which doesn't seem to be the case with you just yet. Full list of reasons a section 8 can be used are here
    I live to learn - If you have learned, please click the Thanks button

  4. #4


    Thank you, I now understand the difference.


Similar Threads

  1. Section 48 Legal Question
    By agoodlandlord in forum Residential Letting Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 17:48 PM
  2. Lease extension /purchasing of freehold
    By Silvia in forum Conveyancing Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 14:46 PM
  3. Deposit protected but solicitor claims that Notices invalid?
    By adib in forum Residential Letting Questions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18-10-2009, 18:17 PM
  4. Notice to Quit or s.21 Notice- what's the difference?
    By Willo in forum Residential Letting Questions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 28-12-2007, 10:23 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts