PDA

View Full Version : Why do decent people become bastards when they become a landlord?

mikelund04
04-10-2005, 19:35 PM
Landlords seem to think they are God and anyone who dares help pay the mortgage (i.e become a tenant) is scum. EXAMPLE:

What is most sad is that if they had only sacraficed a few weeks rent on new fixtures and fittings when needed, in the long run they would actually keep their tenants.

Please disagree now.

mjpl
04-10-2005, 19:37 PM
No reason to disagree. However, you are perhaps stereotyping just a little. Many Landlords now understand that you get out what you put in. Perhaps yours didn't.

Also, is there supposed to be an example or has it been removed?

MrShed
04-10-2005, 19:39 PM
I believe mjpl that he is referring to our comments on his other thread.

I am not a landlord, but I understand where landlords come from.

Please grow up and stop flaming mike.

BeeKayEmm
04-10-2005, 19:45 PM
Please don't stereo type landlords; We have spend tens of thousands of pounds to improve our tenants lives . Some appreciate it and some wreck what we have created . I never wanted to be a slum landlord but some people can be given the most beautiful place to live and trash it . Some people are given trash and make it into something beautiful ; such is the nature of people. The ideal marriage of tenant and landlord is landlord who gives of his best and a tenant who appreciates what the landlord has given and pays promptly for a good service. I hope you can find a landlord (like us) who works with you and not against you but understand that it's really a two way thing.

Karry Gee

MrShed
04-10-2005, 19:49 PM
Can i suggest to admin that this thread is deleted. It is only here to antagonise.

mjpl
04-10-2005, 19:54 PM
Agreed, I apologise for answering it in the first place. I did not see the connection to the previous post.

BeeKayEmm
04-10-2005, 20:06 PM
RUBBISH - tenants have to understand that some landlords try their best but that their tenants never give them a chance. Some tenants are bastards too !!!

I for one resent the implication that I play God or that I am a bastard to my tenants . I try to balance having to make property work for me against the feeling that I must do the best job possible for the people that pay to live in my property ; many of whom, don't actually deserve the lengths I go to , to make their property a "home" for them

mjpl
04-10-2005, 20:17 PM
BeeKayEmm

Ignore the post, no point continuing it.

Paul_f
04-10-2005, 21:22 PM
I've just read a couple of threads which have so much tittle-tattle they are tosh!

There's really no point in relating the pros & cons of letting because everyone knows the risks or benefits. Airing them on the forum doesn't really help because we've heard it all before, and it depends on which perspective through which your opinon is formed,

If posters just stick to Q & A sessions it would be more beneficial don't you think?

In case you haven't noticed I've posted a lot less recently as some of the threads are just so poor! Lawstudent and David Button probably have the same opinion and probably spend their time more productively. I'm seriously thinking of asking the Editor to have a panel of sensible posters to answer questions. I don't want to surpress free speech but the rubbish posted sometimes is really beyond comprehension!