PDA

View Full Version : Ladybird infestation

Wrigglesworth
25-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Hi all, any thoughts on this email from tenants?

"Recently we have discovered that there appears to be a ladybird infestation in the flat. It started with a few flying around on the odd evening (I had meant to mention it to you before, but because it was infrequent I kept forgetting). Now we have a problem with masses of them flying around in the evenings, and increasing numbers appearing during the day too. We believe that the nest is located in the ceiling above the light fixture in the lounge, as this certainly seems to be where they all come from."

I don't think it's really part of my obligations to sort this out, but I'm inclined to do so because they're good tenants. I'm thinking of loosening the light fixture and putting some insecticide powder into the ceiling cavity.

Colincbayley
25-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Hi all, any thoughts on this email from tenants?

"Recently we have discovered that there appears to be a ladybird infestation in the flat. It started with a few flying around on the odd evening (I had meant to mention it to you before, but because it was infrequent I kept forgetting). Now we have a problem with masses of them flying around in the evenings, and increasing numbers appearing during the day too. We believe that the nest is located in the ceiling above the light fixture in the lounge, as this certainly seems to be where they all come from."

I don't think it's really part of my obligations to sort this out, but I'm inclined to do so because they're good tenants. I'm thinking of loosening the light fixture and putting some insecticide powder into the ceiling cavity.

Either do as you suggest, or call your local council out who can deal with it ( I'm sure there will be a small cost )

pcwilkins
25-02-2008, 10:57 AM
They'll be gone in a few weeks --- it's just a sign of spring. If you insecticide them, you'll just end up with a lot of dead ladybirds lying around. Not sure if T would prefer that to live ones?

Peter