PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy "To Let" boards (and supporting poles)?

mjcroot
22-02-2008, 18:39 PM
Could someone tell me the best place to buy TO LET boards?
Thanks in advance

Ericthelobster
22-02-2008, 18:59 PM
Yellow pages if you want someone local
I once contacted http://www.sign-maker.net/ who looked quite good but in the end owing to the rather high cost for a one-off, I went and DIY'ed with a laminated A3 card knocked up with PowerPoint and ProntaPrint!

Colincbayley
23-02-2008, 17:52 PM
Got mine from a company called 'Greenleaf' can't remember the website address, try a search.

Cost about £35 each for two. If you email them a rough idea of what you want they will even design them for you.

lisalee
23-02-2008, 18:50 PM
I just did a quick google search of 'letting boards' and found this one

http://www.owner-sales.co.uk/html/online.htm £19.95 and you can pay a little extra for a fixing kit.

and also found this link back to landlordzone where there is a whole directory of names

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/dir/boards-signs.htm

greengriff
11-06-2008, 09:58 AM
I've decided to produce some 'To Let' boards for my own use. Finding a graphics company to knock them up was a piece of cake, but I can't find the slotted posts that they attach to for love nor money. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Please don't suggest that I make my own; I'm DIY impaired :-)

jeffrey
11-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Ah. Yours is a post seeking posts...Don't Wickes or Texas Homecare sell things like this?

Poppy
11-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Go to a DIY store or a timber yard.

You are probably aiming for sawn timber of 45mm x 45mm x 2.4m (or thereabouts). They tend to be sold in packs of four.

jeffrey
11-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Go to a DIY store or a timber yard.

You are probably aiming for sawn timber of 45mm x 45mm x 2.4m (or thereabouts). They tend to be sold in packs of four.

Greengriff came;
Your "sawn";
I concurred.

kayak
11-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I used to go to Wickes, but it is a complete pain. Lets say you need 50 posts at so much a metre (no idea how much they cost). You then have to paint them, store them, fix your boards to them and fix the posts to wherever you would like to afix them to.

I use a company who store my boards, and erect my signs with posts which they supply for £4 a board - worth it just for the time factor for me.

Kind regards,

John

p_cas
11-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I've decided to produce some 'To Let' boards for my own use. Finding a graphics company to knock them up was a piece of cake, but I can't find the slotted posts that they attach to for love nor money. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Please don't suggest that I make my own; I'm DIY impaired :-)

I think you just need a post and then get two foam boards printed. Stick them together but leave a gap in the glue between the boards to push the post through. Staple, nail or whatever the boards to the post.

dmc
11-06-2008, 12:43 PM
From my bookmarks.

http://www.just-a-sign.com/

agent46
11-06-2008, 13:55 PM
...... but I can't find the slotted posts that they attach to for love nor money.

I see loads of them with agents' boards attached to them - generally outside blocks of flats where the said agents are almost certainly fly-boarding (which is illegal).

jeffrey
11-06-2008, 14:15 PM
I see loads of them with agents' boards attached to them - generally outside blocks of flats where the said agents are almost certainly fly-boarding (which is illegal).

...and/or causing V (lessee) to be in breach of covenant in Lease.

greengriff
12-06-2008, 10:23 AM

Yes, I've thought about stealing some, but I couldn't pluck up the courage to do it :-)

rajeshk4u
12-06-2008, 11:13 AM
I have no problem in you stealing boards and you would be doing a public service. I have a significant problem in my area where agents will just stick up boards around a railings on a blocks of flats, most of them are fakes and only put there for advertising. But if you look in the local area, you will quickly be able to figure out which are the fake companies doing this...

Though the single boards outside individual houses are real. So don't steal those ones.

I had one agent who had the cheek to nail it to my building and I knew it was a fake. I called the agent concerned, but they were arrogant and took 5 weeks to remove it. If I had the time, I would have taken the board down and throw in accross their office.

kayak
13-06-2008, 15:46 PM
There is a law (maybe town and country planning act, or something similar), which only allows board to be left up 14 days after the property is let.

So if you find an agent 'fly-boarding' then I am sure they will be breaking this act.

A LA near me just got fined recently.

Kind regards,

John

cornerstones
23-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi we are a new letting agency and are looking to buy boards can anyone recommend the cheapest place, we are based in woking in surrey.

Many thanks

Gary

Sportingdad
25-10-2009, 21:27 PM
Got mine from a company called 'Greenleaf' can't remember the website address, try a search.

Cost about £35 each for two. If you email them a rough idea of what you want they will even design them for you.

Should pay about £5 each for two when buying a 100, posts can be had from a timber yard £300 for a hundred just need a tonto to paint them !

mind the gap
25-10-2009, 22:53 PM
Should pay about £5 each for two when buying a 100,
:confused: Another 'as through a glass darkly' moment, Sportingdad...

Sportingdad
26-10-2009, 16:35 PM
:confused: Another 'as through a glass darkly' moment, Sportingdad...

Sorry for the confusion MTG just people in the trade know they come in two's like a pair of glasses (that will include the slips as well).

So to make things easier for you, 1 double sided sign (two sheets of corex), two slips, 1 pole (to be painted) or I could do one for you to practise with unpainted and full of splinters £8 in total.

mind the gap
26-10-2009, 22:05 PM
Sorry for the confusion MTG just people in the trade know they come in two's like a pair of glasses (that will include the slips as well).

So to make things easier for you, 1 double sided sign (two sheets of corex), two slips, 1 pole (to be painted) or I could do one for you to practise with unpainted and full of splinters £8 in total.

It's OK, thank you, I never use them anyway. They give an area such an unsettled kind of look...