PDA

View Full Version : Living a Nightmare NEED HELP!!!!

jcop
21-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I know this will sound unbelievable, but you cannot make this stuff up. I have renting a single family home in FLA. through a Real Estate Agent. We had an agreement through e-mail to pay rent late in Jan. 08. Before the date of the rent was due I was visited by her and a bodygaurd/WCW Wrestler (This is true it was verified) and we were threatened either pay up or get out. There visit that night to our home turned into a nightmare on elm street. The police came out and wrote a report against them, The agent/Wrestler basically assaulted us verbally and with body motions, insulted my wife & daughter using vulgar language, Gave false statements to the police, and she has not accepted any responsibility she says go sue the landlord. Can I withhold rent? I sent a 7 day notice to withhold because she violated the county Ordinances. Harrassment, retaliation, disturbing the peace. and many other violations. The Landlord also did not want to accept any responsibility, they said thats between you & the agent. I do not know if I have any rights! Can anyone HELP US!!
Thank you.....Desperate Family in FLA:confused:

jeffrey
21-02-2008, 11:55 AM
FLA = Florida?
This is a UK-only website, so we cannot answer USA-legal questions; sorry!
Similar questions often arise here, but the legal position is almost certainly different.

jcop
21-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes FLA does = Florida, The questions were so simular thought site was for everywhere. Thank you for your answer though. Do you know a site in America simular to this?

jeffrey
21-02-2008, 12:13 PM
No, unfortunately. At least UK members realise that we're not paranoid: Landlord/Tenant disputes happen all over the world!
And obviously no website anywhere is as great as LandlordZONE.

sibec
21-02-2008, 13:31 PM
Now there's another difference between us and our American cousins. Here we get mean looking bailiffs. Over there you get someone to powerslam your ass followed by a tombstone piledriver. Yeehah!