PDA

View Full Version : assured tenancy

chandani
13-02-2008, 19:43 PM
i have assured tenancy and lived in last 17 years and I want to foster children as my daughter moved out but my landlord does not permit for that what are my right?

pcwilkins
14-02-2008, 08:10 AM
I have in property for 17 years and now I want to foster chidren ,does this comes under I am running a business? as i have three bedroom and I am only going to foster two chihren as live alone.

No, I don't think this would be classed as running a business; presumably you won't be making a profit out of it?

i have assured tenancy and lived in last 17 years and I want to foster children as my daughter moved out but my landlord does not permit for that what are my right?

Unless there is some special rule that I don't know about (which is quite possible) I don't think your LL has any say in whether you can foster children or not.

Peter

attilathelandlord
14-02-2008, 08:24 AM
There may be insurance issues, you will need to discuss this with your landlord.

If you find that you end up fostering vulnerable children who cause a lot of damage, start fires etc and you haven't informed your landlord, then any damage may not be covered by his/her insurance and you will be liable.

Colincbayley
14-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Unless there is some special rule that I don't know about (which is quite possible) I don't think your LL has any say in whether you can foster children or not.

Peter

I have just agreed to allow one of my tenants to foster. The bods from the council asked for written confirmation that I, as the LL had no objections.

pcwilkins
14-02-2008, 09:59 AM
I have just agreed to allow one of my tenants to foster. The bods from the council asked for written confirmation that I, as the LL had no objections.

Oh well, perhaps I was wrong then :cool:

Peter

Grange
14-02-2008, 10:04 AM
There are 25 sections of the Income Tax Trading and Other Income Act devoted to the receipts from providing foster care; some referring to it as a trade.

If you need permission from L to take in lodgers, then I guess you require it for fostered children

jeffrey
14-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Not necessarily. Lodgers are (usually) adults; foster children are (always) children.

Esio Trot
15-02-2008, 16:17 PM

I've always wondered why anyone would want to be involved in other people's cast-off's. I can understand getting a second-hand car, but second-hand kids normally means trouble.

Colincbayley
15-02-2008, 16:20 PM
I've always wondered why anyone would want to be involved in other people's cast-off's. I can understand getting a second-hand car, but second-hand kids normally means trouble.

Come on!!!!!

You can not blame these poor kids, not leave them out in the rain!!!!!!!!!!