PDA

View Full Version : Help needed filling out the Section 8 form

Charlotte008
07-02-2008, 13:19 PM
I really need help in filling out this Section 8 form. I'm totally new to this landlady thing and have already been stung by 2 months rent arrears. I've been advised to send a Section 8 form to them and have just got stuck filling out points 3 and 4 (see below)

3. Your landlord intends to seek possession on ground(s) of:
in Schedule 2 to the Housing Act 1988, as amended by the Housing Act 1996, which read(s):----------
Give the full text (as set out in the Housing Act 1988 as amended by the Housing Act 1996) of each ground
which is being relied on. Continue on a separate sheet if necessary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Give a full explanation of why each ground is being relied on:
Section 8 Notice Page 2 of 3
Continue on a separate sheet if necessary.

ANY HELP WILL BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED!
Thanks.

jeffrey
07-02-2008, 13:41 PM
I really need help in filling out this Section 8 form. I'm totally new to this landlady thing and have already been stung by 2 months rent arrears. I've been advised to send a Section 8 form to them and have just got stuck filling out points 3 and 4 (see below)

3. Your landlord intends to seek possession on ground(s) of:
in Schedule 2 to the Housing Act 1988, as amended by the Housing Act 1996, which read(s):----------
Give the full text (as set out in the Housing Act 1988 as amended by the Housing Act 1996) of each ground
which is being relied on. Continue on a separate sheet if necessary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Give a full explanation of why each ground is being relied on:
Section 8 Notice Page 2 of 3
Continue on a separate sheet if necessary.

ANY HELP WILL BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED!
Thanks.
1. GROUND NUMBERS: You need to select one or more of the eighteen grounds. See Schedule 2 to 1988 Act.
2. GROUND'S TEXT: Set out precise wording of ground as per that Schedule.
3. PARTICULARS: Set out what T did (or did not do) in breach of ground(s). For rent cases (g8/10/11 as appropriate), many previous threads suggest how to lay it out.

Charlotte008
07-02-2008, 20:55 PM
Thank you Jeffrey for your info - I've looked up the Housing Acts and am trying to get to grips with them. You mentioned that other threads showed how to set it out. Can you give me a link to one of these, as I've been through 13 pages and have yet to find one.
Huge thanks,Charlotte.

jeffrey
07-02-2008, 21:55 PM
Sadly, I have no idea how to do linking of threads. Anyone?

Colincbayley
08-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Thank you Jeffrey for your info - I've looked up the Housing Acts and am trying to get to grips with them. You mentioned that other threads showed how to set it out. Can you give me a link to one of these, as I've been through 13 pages and have yet to find one.
Huge thanks,Charlotte.

Charlotte,
If you send me a PM with your email address, i'll forward on a S.13 with all the bits drafted for you. You can then just amend the names/dates etc.

davidjohnbutton
24-09-2010, 14:59 PM
Colin, why send a S13 to the OP when she needs a S8 notice?????