PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Rent Payment

FRESH
07-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi all,

My current tenant of one month wishes to change his payment date, from the 2nd of every month to the 6th of every month. The reason is that his employer pays his wages later than the 2nd so he is always overdrawn if the funds go out on the 2nd.

I have agreed for him to pay on the 6th of every month.

Question:

1) Would this effect any tenancy agreement, bearing in mind he signed and moved in on the 2nd?

2) Do I have to compile a letter for him to sign about the change?

3) If a letter is needed how should I word it?

I have looked at some pre-written forms but nothing to help me with this.

Advice welcomed!

Thanks

PaulF
07-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi all,

My current tenant of one month wishes to change his payment date, from the 2nd of every month to the 6th of every month. The reason is that his employer pays his wages later than the 2nd so he is always overdrawn if the funds go out on the 2nd.

I have agreed for him to pay on the 6th of every month.

Question:

1) Would this effect any tenancy agreement, bearing in mind he signed and moved in on the 2nd? None whatsoever

2) Do I have to compile a letter for him to sign about the change? No

3) If a letter is needed how should I word it?

I have looked at some pre-written forms but nothing to help me with this.

Advice welcomed!

ThanksYou can accept the rent when you like as it still doesn't alter the due date, nor any of the terms of the agreement - it just means you are getting your rent 4 days later than you should.

jeffrey
07-02-2008, 10:58 AM
You can accept the rent when you like as it still doesn't alter the due date, nor any of the terms of the agreement - it just means you are getting your rent 4 days later than you should.
I agree. If you want a formal binding variation of original AST, you'd need a formal Variation Agreement.

FRESH
07-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks

As always!:)