PDA

View Full Version : DSS Problem tenant advice required

Tipton_Homes
06-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi all,

I would be very greatful for some help regarding some DSS tenants I have.

The contract is an assured shorthold standard lawpack template/contract which expires 13-06-08.
My tenant has breached her tenancy by:

being short on her rent by around £25.00 per week, she is not paying any difference.
Its mounted up largely. Her rent is £110 P/W.

The electric in the flat runs on £1.00 operated coins, the lock was broken and money taken out, which I reported to the police and they have given me a crime ref for theft, tenant owned up to
this.

The hallway in the property has damage, a series of indented holes in the walls the size of a 5p
coin, causing damage to plaster.

The tenants above have wrote to me last week advising of noise levels from this tenants flat, and neighbours in the street have advised of the same thing also.

I need to evict ASAP, can someone please point me in the right guidelines?

Can I go through a small claims court for the damage caused to my property?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Take care all.

jeffrey
06-02-2008, 10:52 AM
You can use Notice under s.8 of Housing Act 1988.
It should cite discretionary grounds 10, 11, and 12 (plus mandatory ground 8, if at least eight weeks' rent is unpaid).

jghomer
06-02-2008, 12:36 PM
From my experience of such tenants I think you'll give yourself an un-necessary headache trying to get arrears and/or damages out of them. Even if you get judgement!

I'd focus on getting them out and be grateful that while the eviction process drags on you should at least get some rent from the housing benefit :-)