PDA

View Full Version : Evicting Tenants

tee789
05-02-2008, 15:01 PM
New to this site and been reading some posts and have a query of my own.. Basically I have a house that I purchased in 1999 I was going to move in and due to change in job I had to move away so I rented the house to a DHSS tenant. The council have paid the rent and about 12 months ago her tenancy agreement ran out and I never got around to renewing it. I now want to sell the house as I need the money to purchase my own house in another area. What I want to know is what is the best way to serve a notice to the tenant. I have been to the house and it was a right state but I didnt say anything and just want her gone ammicably so that I can send in some builders and get the property back into shape so I can sell it. I am really looking at what exactly to put in the letter to be more precise. Any help would be appreciated as I dont want to end on bad terms with the tenant etc.

pcwilkins
05-02-2008, 15:04 PM
New to this site and been reading some posts and have a query of my own.. Basically I have a house that I purchased in 1999 I was going to move in and due to change in job I had to move away so I rented the house to a DHSS tenant. The council have paid the rent and about 12 months ago her tenancy agreement ran out and I never got around to renewing it. I now want to sell the house as I need the money to purchase my own house in another area. What I want to know is what is the best way to serve a notice to the tenant. I have been to the house and it was a right state but I didnt say anything and just want her gone ammicably so that I can send in some builders and get the property back into shape so I can sell it. I am really looking at what exactly to put in the letter to be more precise. Any help would be appreciated as I dont want to end on bad terms with the tenant etc.

You can give 2 months notice using an S21. There is still a tenancy agreement in place, it's called a periodic tenancy. Make sure you get the dates on your notice right --- I think free notices can be had from this site.

Peter

tee789
05-02-2008, 15:16 PM
You can give 2 months notice using an S21. There is still a tenancy agreement in place, it's called a periodic tenancy. Make sure you get the dates on your notice right --- I think free notices can be had from this site.

Peter

Hi There thanks for the quick reply.. I understand that this is now in the periodic tenancy but why is their soo much evidence on the dates is it because of some legal term or something. Where abouts can a I download a sample notice from?

pcwilkins
05-02-2008, 16:00 PM
Hi There thanks for the quick reply.. I understand that this is now in the periodic tenancy but why is their soo much evidence on the dates is it because of some legal term or something. Where abouts can a I download a sample notice from?

The dates are important because if you don't get them right, the notice is invalid.

Sorry, but I'm not going to help you find a sample notice. To be frank, anybody who lets a property without knowing how they can get it back is probably not worth helping.

No offence meant.

Peter

jeffrey
05-02-2008, 16:42 PM
See FAQ part of forum. There is a new item, explaining how to word s.21 Notices.

tee789
05-02-2008, 16:45 PM
See FAQ part of forum. There is a new item, explaining how to word s.21 Notices.

Thankyou for the information it was exactly what I was looking for..