PDA

View Full Version : S8 and S21 typed/expiry?

swinefever
01-02-2008, 16:24 PM
Hi there, this follows on from a previous thread i started but is very concise and specific.

Firstly, for both a Section 8 and Section 21 form, is it ok to type the content (apart from signatures, declarations etc)?

Secondly, for a Section 8, is there a limit to apply to court for repossession after it the expiry of the notice? For instance, if the notice is for 14 days, how long have i got to apply to the County Courts after this date? I know this may seem like a stupid question but there is some logic to it in this case!

Thanks,

Swine

Bel
02-02-2008, 16:41 PM
Type: yes

As long as the tenancy still exists and in the case of s8 the tenant is still in breach of the grounds you rely on, I do not believe there is a time limit on s8.
There is no time limit on s21.

Bel
02-02-2008, 21:35 PM
Just seen something that says s8 must be done within a year

jeffrey
04-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Just seen something that says s8 must be done within a year

Yes. S.8(3)(c): Notice has to advise T that "those proceedings will not begin later than twelve months from the date of service of the Notice."

swinefever
04-02-2008, 22:48 PM
Thank you both. Jeffery, where can i get this information from? If it's the complete Housing Act, then i might get myself a copy and educate myself a little.

Cheers,

Swine

jeffrey
05-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Thank you both. Jeffery*, where can i get this information from? If it's the complete Housing Act, then i might get myself a copy and educate myself a little.

Cheers,

Swine

See http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/Home.aspx for all Acts of Parliament- but not amendwents to them.

(*: and it's 'Jeffrey'!)