PDA

View Full Version : Using form N215 Certificate of Service

greengriff
29-01-2008, 14:02 PM
All very straightforward, but at the bottom where a signature is required, the only options are the claimant or the defendant or their solicitor or litigation friend. What can a landlord's agent do about signing this when the landlord is out of the country? Can they sign it 'pp' on the landlord's behalf? The same question applies to completing court papers that require the landlord's signature too!

Task
07-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi,

Did you find the answer regarding signing the N215 form if you are a Letting agent, considering the options provided?

Task
07-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Background
A S21 notice was hand delivered to the Let property and posted by the Letting Agent.

N215 Form
The options and text I need to complete are as follows, - please correct / advise:

1. 'on whom did you serve' – enter the tenants name

2. 'by delivering to or leaving at a permitted place' - tick this box

3. 'give address where service effected' - enter address of Let property

4. Being the - 'defendant’s' - tick this box

5. 'usual residence' - tick this box

6. Date of service - the next business day, in my case Thursday xxth. Notice was delivered on Wednesday.

7. Finally signing the form - The Letting agent served the s21 notice - but the only options immediately under the signature box are
'(Claimant) (Defendant)('s solicitor)('s friend)' – not sure how this should be completed.

Paul Gibbs
08-06-2009, 15:39 PM
Get LA to write Claimants agent and cross through the rest.

Paul Gibbs
08-06-2009, 15:39 PM
Just cross the options out and put Claimants agent

carlianne
15-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I am today sorting out eviction for t. Listed in the appendices needed is N215 form. Is this something that i should fill in when I gave t section 21 notice?? Is it definately required, what would happen if I didnt send it but sent in our own witness form that was completed at the time of serving the section 21.

Thanks for your help.